Old medical forms

U

Unregistered

When medical forms were paper, whether recently or many years ago, did the AME keep the form filled out by the pilot that the medical certificate was detached from or was it forwarded on to the FAA?

When medical forms were paper, whether recently or many years ago, did the AME keep the form filled out by the pilot that the medical certificate was detached from or was it forwarded on to the FAA?

I would bet they are on file at the FAA, forever! I really don't know but the way they hold documents for anything else it would make sense.

Not FOIA. I doubt they're disclosable. Privacy act perhaps.
You can order your complete file however through normal channels from OKC.

My AME used to keep the old forms (don't know if he was required to or he just did). He used to hand you the old one with the new form to fill out.

Not FOIA. I doubt they're disclosable. Privacy act perhaps.
You can order your complete file however through normal channels from OKC.

My AME used to keep the old forms (don't know if he was required to or he just did). He used to hand you the old one with the new form to fill out.

That's interesting. Maybe that was his practice to keep the old form. I'm not sure how other doctors did it is why I was asking. Maybe that is why it is digital so the FAA can keep it centrally.

You can FOIA your own med records- I did and it took about 2 months. Others' health records are not FOIA'able, of course.

When you requested your own records. Was it the records of your AME visit? Including the parts you filled out. If so, that's kind of creepy to know that our data is so available. However, with the new health laws its available.

When you requested your own records. Was it the records of your AME visit? Including the parts you filled out. If so, that's kind of creepy to know that our data is so available. However, with the new health laws its available.

Yup, copy of the paper 8500 complete with lousy handwriting, the AME's notes, and everything.

Yup, copy of the paper 8500 complete with lousy handwriting, the AME's notes, and everything.

How did you start the FIOA process for this document? Maybe it's the lousy hand writing causing the digitization of records. Probably not. If you don't mind telling, what year was that? Thanks for your response warthog :)

Thanks Warthog,
I did as you suggested and sent my request to the link provided. I faxed mine. I found the number provided goes to voicemail almost all the time, but actually got through once. I suppose that is what I'm going to experience. The lady said it is only supposed to take 20 days, but she said expect longer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back