Old Charges/Never Arrested or Convicted: Should I start Flight School?

Discussion in 'Medical Topics' started by Yammins, Jan 10, 2022.

1. LesGawlik

LesGawlik Line Up and Wait

Display name:
    Les
    Didn't we just do this in the police abuse case? Even if the cop just hates you and his life, and wants the overtime, if you're arrested for DUI/DWI and absolutely nothing is found, you go through the FAA wringer.

2. midcap

midcap Cleared for Takeoff

Display name:
    midcap
    completely unamerican regulation

kell490 and Katamarino like this.
  3. kell490

kell490 Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    kell490
    I guess I can understand it for a class 1 medical but class 2, and 3 seems overkill. Bureaucratic agencies have to keep adding new regulations every year so they can justify their existence. If they were to give up class 3 turn that into basic medical type exam that would take away majority of their work goes against their logic.

4. midcap

Display name:
    midcap
    I agree 100%, there should be a class 1, 2, and Basic Med. Imagine if everyone started to email their senators every week with the exact same letter spelling out what they need to do.

LIke just keep on doing it, and keeping on, and keeping on.

There may be some change

5. kell490

kell490 Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    kell490
    You would think the aviation industry would grease the wheels more with money only thing that gets things done in Washington. I agree the only way is to change the law take away the power from the FAA.

6. midcap

Display name:
    midcap
    Think about it though..."The Aviation Industry" is not you and me the guys that want to fly the old ass tin cans in the air. "The Aviation Industry" is ALPA, The charter companies, etc, while they have the money and the clout, they don't have the numbers or the time like we do.

What has AOPA done recently regarding lobbying for a Drivers License Basic Med? Nothing I am aware of.

Bill Nelson is with Nasa right now and I remember he was the biggest road block when it came to the PBOR back in the day.

It's gonna be 7 years this year since basic med has passed and the only people crashing are either the druggies that lie on their 8500 or the people under 3rd class.

The amount of folks that augured in under basic med is a rounding error. AOPA can take that to congress as proof!

tjfelles likes this.
  7. mryan75

mryan75 Cleared for Takeoff

Display name:
    mryan75
    No.