Oklahoma Woes

AC129447

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Blue Morpho
I have been waiting 7 months for a special issuance. My case was submitted in June 2023.
I had Stent emplacement to cure Cardio Vascular blockage. This was followed by post procedure Catheterization, Echo Cardiogram, Nuclear Stress Test, Blood Work and a thorough Cardiac Assessment and report which said that I was now 100% fit. I passed everything 100%.
It is now 2024 and the people that answer (405) 954 4821 can only tell me that my case is still in review. At one stage I was told that there would be a “Cardiac Panel” sitting sometime in the New Year, but they couldn’t tell me when that might be!
Does anyone have any idea how much longer this will take? Does anyone know anything about the “Secret” Panel??
I would appreciate any insight, thanks

As Dr. Bruce explained to me, the cardiac panel meets every other month. They start on Thursday with a stack of applications and go through them one by one. On Friday when they call it quits, the remaining applications sit there until the next time they meet unless and independent contractor is called in to clear some cases in the meantime. Preference is given to pilot that fly for a living.

Good luck!

Thanks Dave, sounds like it will go on forever. Any idea which Thursday of the month? Do you know how they figure out if you are a professional dependent on their outcome?

Back