OK, who knows where that part goes?

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I only have the stripe to go and then she starts to go back together.:goofy: I gota say I am really liking the Stewart Systems paint.:yes:

Dan

Attachments

• 170B paint.JPG
    170B paint.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 104
Looks good, but I think you forgot to mask the inside of the wheels....

"Fit tab A - into slot B".......

Looks good, that should be in the air in a week or two. :)

"Fit tab A - into slot B".......

Looks good, that should be in the air in a week or two. :)

Only if I have a cook-out and everyone comes over to help.

By the way I have to redo everything from the gear leg out. I always clean and repack the bearings after a paint job. Brakes and then new tires. You cannot do a good job on the wheel hubs unless they are apart. (More paint)

Dan

I only have the stripe to go and then she starts to go back together.:goofy: I gota say I am really liking the Stewart Systems paint.:yes:

Dan

Sounds like you may be painting the stripe, what is that bird? I think I'm going for some dark vinyl side stripes and dark leading edge wraps on top of the yellow Stewarts paint, so that ice melts quicker.

Sounds like you may be painting the stripe, what is that bird? I think I'm going for some dark vinyl side stripes and dark leading edge wraps on top of the yellow Stewarts paint, so that ice melts quicker.

This is a 170B.

I painted the stripes on this time. I am doing two more older 172s next week that I will more than likely use either vinyl or painted vinyl stripes.
I painted some vinyl with the Stewart Systems paint and it cut nice on the cutter. I stuck it to the work bench and it looks like I painted "CESSNA" there. Very crisp lines but still paint.

On a side note, at our EAA meeting today one of the guys went up to the plane and asked if the paint was still wet. Made me smile, best compliment a bodyman can get from a bystander. The group helped hold up the wings so they are on and most of the tail section. If I did not have to do any interior I could have it in the air next week.

I use Black leading edge tape from ACS 4".

Dan

Back