Ok Here is a Good One in SoCal (F70)

Sonar5

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Sonar5
I fly out of F70 French valley
http://www.airnav.com/airport/F70

We have a restaurant there called French Valley cafe. Pretty affordable has happy hours for passengers. ;)

And also has outside tables for dining facing the Runway and apron.

Scenery is outstanding. Very Clean, and if you give me a heads up, I might be able to drive over since I'm aboput 15 Minutes away.

So come on over. :D

Regards,
Joe

I waved as I drove by a few months ago - driving from the inlaws in Hemet to the brother-in-law's place in Mira Mesa...

Agreed, the restaurant at F70 has good chow. Service is pretty slow though (based on 4 visits in the last year). Traffic pattern at F70 can be a zoo on weekends.

Jeff

Jeff Oslick said:
Agreed, the restaurant at F70 has good chow. Service is pretty slow though (based on 4 visits in the last year). Traffic pattern at F70 can be a zoo on weekends.

Jeff
Perhaps you've seen my post about the anarchaic aerial circus performed by amateurs. French Valley is the scene of that crime. I've since been through that area on several occasions, including weekdays--for grins I tune into F70 CTAF. Maybe it's just me, but listening to all that just reinforces my desire not to invade 'their' space.

Be careful out there.

Richard said:
Perhaps you've seen my post about the anarchaic aerial circus performed by amateurs. French Valley is the scene of that crime. I've since been through that area on several occasions, including weekdays--for grins I tune into F70 CTAF. Maybe it's just me, but listening to all that just reinforces my desire not to invade 'their' space.

Be careful out there.

If you think F70 is bad, try Corona (AJO) on a nice Saturday. Makes F70 look organized.

Ah, French Valley, so many memories .......

1) Field where my CFI let me get nicely set up for the wrong runway, as far as the 45 before asking me what was wrong with this picture ? The wind had just changed and I hadn't noticed the many calls for the new runway .... won't be making that mistake again.
1) my first solo (about 6 landings), followed by treating my CFI to lunch at the excellent restaurant. Sort of place that I like, very casual and friendly, totally unpretentious. What a day that was !
2) on a solo flight pre-PPL, some other bird and I appeared to be occupying the same piece of airspace at the start of the 45. I was sweating it, he saw me first and let me land ahead of him. Phew.

It's a nice friendly field. True, it can get rather busy occasionally but nothing you can't handle.

Back