Oh, My Freaking Goodness

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I have until today cancelled six flights. It was either weather or sickness. So today I finally made it out to FDK for some instrument flight. (I fly with an instructor every month, so this was going to be with instructor, again.) And everything looked good until the starter crapped out on us. There were no other plane left in which I was checked out. CFII was very apologetic, but I just reassured him that is wasn't his fault. But oh my freaking goodness, if I don't fly soon, I can't be held responsible for my actions.

Excuse bad grammar--I am ****ed ****ed ****ed (but not at CFII).

Bummer dude!!

But I'm curious -- If you were with a CFII, and there were other planes available, assuming rental prices were reasonably similar, why not hop in a different bird to get a different seat view?

I'm sure that crossed your mind though. Gotta hate the Murphy's Law when it comes into effect.

Bummer dude!!

But I'm curious -- If you were with a CFII, and there were other planes available, assuming rental prices were reasonably similar, why not hop in a different bird to get a different seat view?

I'm sure that crossed your mind though. Gotta hate the Murphy's Law when it comes into effect.

There were no other planes available except archers. Although I have 40 hours in a Saratoga, to fly the Archer would require me to do the paperwork, and that would have taken another hour or so. And my main goal was instrument approaches today.

They say they're getting a Saratoga. I'm waiting. . . .

so even if you dont want to get checked out in the airplane, and you fly it with an instructor, you gotta do a bunch of checkout paperwork!? how ridonkulous

so even if you dont want to get checked out in the airplane, and you fly it with an instructor, you gotta do a bunch of checkout paperwork!? how ridonkulous

Well, I agree, although I do understand why.

Actually, I think the CFII was willing to take me up in the Archer. But I really wanted to do the instrument work and not be distracted by the different setup. I wish they had a Saratoga, because I am familliar.

Excuse bad grammer and spelling. I am drowning my sorrows. . . .

Well, I agree, although I do understand why.

Actually, I think the CFII was willing to take me up in the Archer. But I really wanted to do the instrument work and not be distracted by the different setup. I wish they had a Saratoga, because I am familliar.

Excuse bad grammer and spelling. I am drowning my sorrows. . . .

i dont understand why.

dont have too much fun!:wineglass:

Which airplane wasn't flying? I took up the Trinidad this morning, then the Seminole, and finally a 172.

Sorry you couldn't fly this afternoon. If it helps, it got rather bumpy after 2 PM (which made wings hoodwork in the little 172 extra special).

Ok, what's so hard about going from a Toga to an Archer. Lets see, we DON'T have a propellor to worry about, and we DON'T have a gear level to worry about. We have (I believe) LESS fule tanks to manage. I honestly don't see the issue of why you couldn't have flown the Archer just because it was different. Going from an Archer to a Toga, yeah, can totally understand that, but downgrading to an Archer. I honestly don't see the problem.

Ok, what's so hard about going from a Toga to an Archer. Lets see, we DON'T have a propellor to worry about, and we DON'T have a gear level to worry about. We have (I believe) LESS fule tanks to manage. I honestly don't see the issue of why you couldn't have flown the Archer just because it was different. Going from an Archer to a Toga, yeah, can totally understand that, but downgrading to an Archer. I honestly don't see the problem.

I know what you're saying. But the panels of these planes--they're all Garmin, and I don't know squat about them. I really wanted to rent an aircraft that I could put on like a glove (I know, ironic that a Saratoga would be that way over an Archer), and just fly the approaches and then some landings. I only had 1.5 hours left at that point--not enough time to fill out the paperwork, preflight, and get anything done.

I'm trying for Thursday.

EDIT: Crap. TB-20 isn't free. PLEASE let my C172 be good for service!

Ah, didn't realize it was G1000'd paneled. That does make a difference!

Ah, didn't realize it was G1000'd paneled. That does make a difference!

Ooops! Sorry--they aren't G1000, but they have 430s. It is just that with the limited time, I just didn't have time to do the paperwork and feel comfortable with going out and trying to cram 3 approaches in.

OK, I am scheduled for a 'boring' C172 on Thursday. Please let the weather cooperate!

A 430 is easy. You don't even need to use the GPS part. Just push the CDI button for the nav head, and fly it /A. Not sure of this paperwork thing. But it takes all of 15 seconds figure out how to use the nav portion of a 430.

A 430 is easy. You don't even need to use the GPS part. Just push the CDI button for the nav head, and fly it /A. Not sure of this paperwork thing. But it takes all of 15 seconds figure out how to use the nav portion of a 430.

The paperwork takes me about an hour. I only had two hours left, so it wasn't enough time.

ugggg. the only aircraft left there for me are the c172 and the Trinidad! They took away the two C182Ss I loved so dearly.

The paperwork takes me about an hour. I only had two hours left, so it wasn't enough time.

ugggg. the only aircraft left there for me are the c172 and the Trinidad! They took away the two C182Ss I loved so dearly.

Time to buy Ben! Time to buy!!

Back