Oh joyous day!

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
The time has come to renew the insurance on the airplane. Last year it was insured for 53k hull for $861/year. I just renewed it and it has dropped to $591/yr. WOOOOOOOO!

That's like how much 4 months of car insurance costs

Our Cherokee insurance premium decreased this year as well, to similar numbers.

Shoot, that's over a year of car insurance. The 'kota's insurance cost dropped last year but I'm insuring more "toys" so it's a bit higher.

Shoot, that's over a year of car insurance. The 'kota's insurance cost dropped last year but I'm insuring more "toys" so it's a bit higher.

That's what I get for being 17 though. My car ain't anything special, either. (1993 Ford Taurus) It's right around $140/month for car insurance for me.

That's what I get for being 17 though.

Enjoy it. Somebody once said that youth is wasted on the young. As I get older I find myself in more-and-more agreement. :D

I'll probably go northwest to help out at Minam, OR that weekend. Looks like some fun flying up there. Of course it's all weather dependent, seems there are no IAPs into the grass strip in a box canyon.

Mine dropped as well, and is staying below my car insurance levels as well.

The time has come to renew the insurance on the airplane. Last year it was insured for 53k hull for $861/year. I just renewed it and it has dropped to $591/yr. WOOOOOOOO!

I'm guessing you hit 100hrs in it?

That's pretty typical. My first year in the Aztec saw me about a 30% reduction in premiums.

damn. i'm not even going to mention what i'm paying for glider insurance. how much liability is included with that?

1 million

Kinda, unless you specified smooth. You may run into where you only have 100k worth of coverage on a million dollar claim if all you injure is one high value passenger. There's the fashionista up your way that went into the prop where they are facing that very issue right now, and the dude may very well get hung with a $2MM judgment the insurance won't pay but $200k of (there's two policies in effect each calling it a $100k limit; opposition is claiming she wasn't a 'passenger' at the time so the limits don't apply and $2MM is on the table.

1 million

How much is it for the gliders?

i'm 1 million as well and 100,000 per passenger. now that i think about it i think i will blame my rates on Leah since she is a new low time pilot. I also have an open pilot clause that basically says anyone with a private glider cert and my permission can fly the planes, although that only adds like $30 a year to the policy. I'm paying about the same as you for all three gliders.

5 mil smooth to satisfy the facility permit requirements, $1400+

Kinda, unless you specified smooth. You may run into where you only have 100k worth of coverage on a million dollar claim if all you injure is one high value passenger. There's the fashionista up your way that went into the prop where they are facing that very issue right now, and the dude may very well get hung with a $2MM judgment the insurance won't pay but $200k of (there's two policies in effect each calling it a $100k limit; opposition is claiming she wasn't a 'passenger' at the time so the limits don't apply and $2MM is on the table.

You're right, I just looked at it again and it's 100k per pax.

i'm 1 million as well and 100,000 per passenger. now that i think about it i think i will blame my rates on Leah since she is a new low time pilot. I also have an open pilot clause that basically says anyone with a private glider cert and my permission can fly the planes, although that only adds like $30 a year to the policy. I'm paying about the same as you for all three gliders.

Per glider or total? If its total I think thats really good. I always thought glider insurance would be alot more expensive.

i'm paying about the same as you for all three gliders. It is more expensive than your 172 when you consider the total hull value of all three. However you aren't insuring your 172 to fly in contests and your insurance company isn't expecting you to regularly land in farmers fields.

I expect mine to take a big dip since last year I was a student pilot with no tailwheel time or time in type. Now I have a private certificate and 100 hours of TW and in type.

You're right, I just looked at it again and it's 100k per pax.

Per pax Per Event.... Now if you do a good enough job of crashing, you will have multiple small impacts, each of which you could argue is an individual event. Even in court it can pay to do the best job you could lol.

Back