Oh how I've missed it...

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Last flight was in mid January... Just looking at this makes it all better.

824.jpg

It does feel good doesn't it. There are so many obstacles for non-owners, folks who don't work in aviation, who don't live in on a farm or airpark with an airplane next door, or who don't have thousands in discretionary funds to spend for burning AVgas.

That's part of what makes pilots such a small, select group of highly motivated individuals. Kinda like natural selection for high achievers.

I can understand the feelings. I was grounded for 6mo myself for various reasons. Got back in the plane one day, had my CFI along for moral support and for the added safety factor, and made 4 in-a-row of the best landings I have ever made. It helped that I had been flying in my head nearly every day.

I sat at the hold short line and got to listen to the tower controller rip a Cardinal for entering on a right base, after being told to enter right downwind, when the controller already had a Bonanza turning left base.
Just like old times.

William, I am just envious that you have a DA20 available for rental; I used to love the Katanas as the best "go piddle around" plane, but none now available for rent here.

Too bad!

Have fun, fly safe.

My FBO has a 2004 DA-40 for rent. But at $143/hour it's pretty hard for me to justify.

It sure looks fun though.

SCCutler said:
William, I am just envious that you have a DA20 available for rental; I used to love the Katanas as the best "go piddle around" plane, but none now available for rent here.

Too bad!

Have fun, fly safe.

It got moved to GYH from GMU just before they got rid of the 152. It's a slight jump from the 65/hr of the 152, but man does it love to fly :D

Matthew said:
I can understand the feelings. I was grounded for 6mo myself for various reasons. Got back in the plane one day, had my CFI along for moral support and for the added safety factor, and made 4 in-a-row of the best landings I have ever made. It helped that I had been flying in my head nearly every day.

I sat at the hold short line and got to listen to the tower controller rip a Cardinal for entering on a right base, after being told to enter right downwind, when the controller already had a Bonanza turning left base.
Just like old times.

My grounding was due to cash flow. But it'll be nice to get some flight time in again. Gonna have a CFI for the first hour then go on my own. :)

Back