Off to Iowa

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
My insurance company wants me to have 2 hours of dual instruction before I can solo my single seat Challenger. The only CFI in the Mid West with a Challenger II is in LeMars, IA. So if any of you Iowa POA-ers want to get together, I am planning on being there the weekend of February 14th-15th.

Last edited:
If you get near KJEF give me a yell Dean.
Lunch or something.

Mark B

My insurance company wants me to have 2 hours of dual instruction before I can solo my single seat Challenger. The only CFI in the Mid West with a Challenger is in LeMars, IA. So if any of you Iowa POA-ers want to get together, I am planning on being there the weekend of February 14th-15th.

I was gonna say you should stop by and visit us at our aviation themed hotel in Iowa City, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites -- but on Valentine's Day weekend? We'll be going crazy-nuts-busy, I'm afraid. If the weather causes you to postpone your visit, please let me know.

might try to get over Dean. although, there is a chance i may be otherwise committed that weekend. Maybe Jones and I can break away from the girls...

OK, i'm obviously missing the obvious...

How does one receive dual in a single seat aircraft? Do you have to fly in formation with the CFI as lead?

Oh, wait, I think I got it. Does the CFI's plane have two seats? That would be the obvious I was missing.

The Challenger II is a 2 seater. Theres a nice example in the T hangars down here.

might try to get over Dean. although, there is a chance i may be otherwise committed that weekend. Maybe Jones and I can break away from the girls...

Yup.. I'd be up for lunch, dinner, whatever if I can get prior approval. ;)

OK, i'm obviously missing the obvious...

How does one receive dual in a single seat aircraft? Do you have to fly in formation with the CFI as lead?

Oh, wait, I think I got it. Does the CFI's plane have two seats? That would be the obvious I was missing.

Don't worry, I had the exact same question (how the heck does going to Iowa get you dual in a single-seater?!?) as I read through this the first time! :rofl:

Dean:

Did I miss the photos of your Challenger?

Here is one of the previous owner flying it, I will post MY pictures next week.
Chris is redoing the panel and I am going to take all the stickers that are on it off. Took the wheel pants off and put 500X5 tires on it for better use on grass. New seat cushions, re-wired radio and removed other un-used wiring. Just cleaning it up and taking care of a few issues.

I have added a few pictures I took yesterday, they were taken with my cellphone, so they are not the best.

Attachments

• Skip's plane.jpg
    Skip's plane.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • img012.jpg
    img012.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 17
  • img006.jpg
    img006.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 21
  • img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 12
  • img011.jpg
    img011.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yup.. I'd be up for lunch, dinner, whatever if I can get prior approval. ;)

OK, I have made my reservations and I am scheduled to fly on Saturday(14th) morning weather permitting, so let me know if you two can make it over.

OK, I have made my reservations and I am scheduled to fly on Saturday(14th) morning weather permitting, so let me know if you two can make it over.

There's a pretty good restaurant near the Airport, across from Blue Bunny. I think it's called Four Brothers. Got a good steak there a few months ago.

Trapper John

Back