Of STARS and DPs

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
I have a question... is there an easy way, given a set of DP or STAR names, to tell which direction the STAR feeds FROM or the DP goes TO?

Example: http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSTJ

If I'm arriving from the South/Southwest, it looks like the JHAWK FIVE is what I want. But I can't tell that without looking at every single one first.

Why don't they put a quadrant name on these things? JHAWK FIVE S/SW would tell me right away which one I want...

Am I missing something? Is there a reference sheet that lists them? Heck, I'd setting for something on the airport reference page (or even on each of the DP/STARS) that shows a grid listing each DP / STAR name and the "direction" it serves).

I have a question... is there an easy way, given a set of DP or STAR names, to tell which direction the STAR feeds FROM or the DP goes TO?
I use fltplan.com. After you designate a departure and destination airport it gives you the routes that other people have filed between those two airports or surrounding airports. They've also added a feature where it gives you the recent ATC routings between the two airports. This make it easy to come up with an educated guess.

You have to set up an account with fltplan.com but it's a free site.

Not really, unless you know where the fix for which the STAR/DP is named is with relation to the airport it serves.

Why don't they put a quadrant name on these things? JHAWK FIVE S/SW would tell me right away which one I want...
Guess the FAA isn't interested in making it that easy.

Back