Of off-airport landings and crab cakes

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
My wife had never been to the Tidewater Grille in Havre de Grace, MD, so we decided to fly down there today since it was such a fantastic day for flying. I asked her to try to get some pictures with my camera which she did. Because the wind was coming right down the river, I decided to fly a short base leg and then land parallel to the river. The helipad is the grassy strip of land jutting out from the restaurant on the other side of the seaplanes.

The flight was fun, and the crab cakes were maybe the best I've ever had!

Hmmm. The last picture kinda makes you want to fly under the bridge :D

Attachments

• 5707.jpg
    5707.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 5714.jpg
    5714.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 5722.jpg
    5722.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 36
My wife had never been to the Tidewater Grille in Havre de Grace, MD, so we decided to fly down there today since it was such a fantastic day for flying. I asked her to try to get some pictures with my camera which she did. Because the wind was coming right down the river, I decided to fly a short base leg and then land parallel to the river. The helipad is the grassy strip of land jutting out from the restaurant on the other side of the seaplanes.

The flight was fun, and the crab cakes were maybe the best I've ever had!

Hmmm. The last picture kinda makes you want to fly under the bridge :D

Mmmmmmm, I bet all the diners under their umbellas loved their crabcakes with dust, sand and grass all over them...;) :D

Back