Obama leaving MVY a week early - when will the breathless reporting begin?

comanchepilot

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Joe Farrell, yeah, him
It appears that Obama has shortened his vacation - the Temporary Flight Restriction and No Fly Zone over the Vineyaaaad terminates a whole week early. It originally was set to expire on 24 August in the later afternoon and now it terminates 17 August - he is going home a week early. Expect the press to report later this week with breathless 'breaking news' aplomb that he is terminating his vacay early - and claiming he is doing it to 'go back to work' - when its been planned at least a week. . .. you know the press [and the White House] will spin it that way . . .

should this be in the spin zone?

Current TFR:
http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_1688.html

TFR in place last week:
http://aopamailer.aopa2.org/list/hb8a5wp1/140804F/ebnu55.vib?id=08kyyhb8a5wp13q

He is leaving the island on the 17th to return to DC and then will go back to the island on the 19th staying until the 24th. That was reported before he ever got there.

He is leaving the island on the 17th to return to DC and then will go back to the island on the 19th staying until the 24th. That was reported before he ever got there.

Ok - I'm wrong then.

How come there is no TFR yet for the 19th-24th?

I"m not tin foil hatting - but the other one was published 2 weeks ahead of time . . . honest question.

Went looking and after some digging - found it . ..

never mind.

He's probably getting tired of golf on the vineyard. He will return ,to ruin everyone's summer.

Watch out for Bidens TFR in the hamptons too. Flying into newport tomorrow. Nice of them to give a little 2 mile cutout to enter/exit the pattern.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.57.47 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-08-13 at 11.57.47 AM.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 18
I have family and friends on the island. They hate these two weeks in the summer.

Back