Numerous, small high pressure systems

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
I've never really seen a prog chart like this - have you?

Attachments

• hpc_sfc_analysis.bmp
    301.1 KB · Views: 88
so its more like a line of high pressure?

Once this summer I saw a chart with perhaps 30 Hs and Ls when nothing particularily exciting was happening across the country.
Within 12 hours we were back to the usual <10 and as far as I could see, not much had changed.
I suspect there is some P diff over lateral distance at which point the software must insert a new symbol but I have never heard a good explanation. I bet Scott D knows.

I can't comment on the number of highs but I'll tell you that the weather underneath them is gorgeous. Unbelievable for Wyoming at this time of year. Usually it's snowing.

I can't comment on the number of highs but I'll tell you that the weather underneath them is gorgeous. Unbelievable for Wyoming at this time of year. Usually it's snowing.

I was in WY last week and wished the Frankenkota was back from the 'plane hospital rather than me driving all over the state. A bit breezy (gusts to 40) Friday but other than that just fine...

This is pure speculation, but I think it is somehow related to the evaporative "capping" of the Gulf due to petrocarbons. The moisture content of air is critical to "relaxing" the thermal stresses in the atmosphere (I have no idea if the upper level moisture content has measurable changed). It's very strange :)

I think the Gulf is getting ready to be "un-capped"...

http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/news/story/40398/richards-similarities-to-hurri.asp?partner=lycos

400x266_10211829_richard102110.jpg

If you gave the same data to 100 different meteorologists, you'd get 100 different analyses.

Yikes. That's what makes me nervous and cautious about Wx as a new instrument rated pilot.

Thanks for the information, Scott. I hoped you would chime in here.

They're just screwin' with us?????:incazzato:

Joking. Thanks Scott. I have to say, that was a weird one for me too.

So Scott, were you a 'many little H' person or did you paint with a big 'H' brush ?

Back