Now that's customer service!

drhunt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Moose Air
After seeing several posts mentioning FlightAware's flight tracking site, www.flightaware.com I visited the site to check our daughter's flight back to U of A, Tucson yesterday. Pretty cool I thought! Then I checked my local airport, Glacier Park International (KGPI) and got an error that the ID was not valid. Realizing that the identifier has recently changed, I tried the old ID, KFCA and saw only a couple flight ops for the the whole day. I thought that they needed to fix their database to handle the ID changeover so I clicked their support link and sent an email off reporting the issue. I returned back to the site about a few minutes later and discovered that KGPI was working just fine...thought I'd made a mistake by reporting the bug. Then I got an email a few seconds later from their support team reporting that they'd made the correction and apologized for any incovenience! Less than five minutes elapsed on the email time stamps! Pretty impressive :D

Wow that's neat stuff. This helps me for Flight Sim route planning if I don't have a route from simroutes.com, I can get realistic routes from here. This helps with scanning too.

drhunt said:
Less than five minutes elapsed on the email time stamps! Pretty impressive :D

It's really fun being on the delivering end of that kind of situation too.
My last job was problem solving technical issues similar to that situation. When all else failed and the phone people that could handle most anything couldn't solve it, they got us involved. We prided ourselves for being a terrier on a cat... It wasn't over until it got fixed.

Most problems were under 5 minutes and went something like this:
Them: It won't _______ IT'S BROKEN.
Us: Let me look... Ok, how's that.
Them:It's still broken. It'll take forever to fix and we need it now, ohmy ohmy ohmy we're so dead"
Us: Did you update your screen?
Them: Yes.
Us: Just now? Within the last 10 seconds?
Them: Uh. No. Oh. Wow!!!!!!

Doing that was so much fun... B) :goofy: :goofy:

drhunt said:
Less than five minutes elapsed on the email time stamps! Pretty impressive :D

It sure is... Wish more companies would do this!

I used to develop web sites for a server-side database plugin (well, it was much more than just database, but I don't have the words to fully describe it) and was blown away when I discovered a bug and they fixed it, recompiled the software, and e-mailed me the new version in only 45 minutes. :eek:

Then, I was blown away all over again when they later did the same thing... In only TWENTY minutes!!! :hairraise:

I had a specific search I was trying to do yesterday and the data on the web site didn't go back far enough. I posted on the discussion board and within a few hours I had the info I was looking for. I don't know if they can keep it up, but these guys are doing a great job.

Back