Now that Halloween's past ...

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Halloween is THE holiday here at the Ibold house. We go all out with decorations and really put a lot of work into having fun.

One of our things is that we build a "graveyard" in the front lawn (complete with unfilled open grave) that is populated with tombstones we make ourselves. We have names that are sort of plausible but in the Halloween spirit, such as Ricky D. Bones, Al B. Back, Phil Durt, Mindy Groundnau etc.

I'm soliciting ideas for additions to our gravestone inventory...

Ken Ibold said:
Halloween is THE holiday here at the Ibold house. We go all out with decorations and really put a lot of work into having fun.

One of our things is that we build a "graveyard" in the front lawn (complete with unfilled open grave) that is populated with tombstones we make ourselves. We have names that are sort of plausible but in the Halloween spirit, such as Ricky D. Bones, Al B. Back, Phil Durt, Mindy Groundnau etc.

"Scary" Mary Schiavo. (that's her real name)

Gov. "Wet my Pants" Pataki

All Chicago Voters (graveyards have the highest turnout there)

Ken Ibold said:

Ask the question in Spin Zone. :D I'm sure the forum inhabitants will give you a number of suggestions.... all political, of course... ;)

the 'holiday' (wow is that a misomer?) is not a big thing for me (it really was when I was 12 though), but last week we went to a H-party and it was really decked out. Had to wander through artificial cobwebs past gravestones and piles of bones, spiders, zombies, hanging skeletons and witches to get to the drink table where we enjoyed blood red cider, as scary sounds emitted from the boombox.

Let'sgoflying! said:
the 'holiday' (wow is that a misomer?) is not a big thing for me (it really was when I was 12 though), but last week we went to a H-party and it was really decked out. Had to wander through artificial cobwebs past gravestones and piles of bones, spiders, zombies, hanging skeletons and witches to get to the drink table where we enjoyed blood red cider, as scary sounds emitted from the boombox.
That's the ticket!!

My kids are following my twisted path. My 10-year-old daughter: "We saw Corrine. Can you believe it, she was a princess? I mean, maybe an evil zombie demon princess back from the dead, but she looked like something out of Disney. Jeeeeeezzzzzzzzz."

Jus Resting, Dusty Devil, Mr. J. Wurm Food, Julias P Uh Oooh

Ken, are you going to post a picture of you in your costume? :yes:

Diana said:
Ken, are you going to post a picture of you in your costume? :yes:
Sure, here I am dressed up like an airplane seller.

Attachments

• Last Pitts picture.JPG
    Last Pitts picture.JPG
    720.2 KB · Views: 82
Ken Ibold said:
You need to add the Hooters glrls. That seems to work on eBay.

One from the movies: Louis Cipher.

Ken Ibold said:
Wow! That looks JUST like Ken Ibold in front of his Pitts! :D

Ken Ibold said:

Ima Lotyme Searass Pylut III.

Let'sgoflying! said:
Dave, that sounds like fun! I love Halloween!!! I long for the days when I lived in a neighborhood where kids came by all evening...it was a hoot.

Did you wear a costume? Or did it look kinda like Ken's. Here's my aviation costume from 10 years ago...I was Poncho Barnes. My favorite was when I dressed up as a cat. Saloon girl was fun, too. Anybody else want to post their costume picture? :yes:

Attachments

• Poncho Barnes.jpg
    Poncho Barnes.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 54

So Ken, what are you doing this year? :)

We have a "family plot" with our names and an "epitath" that refers to something about the person...

Alan - talked himself to death

Jen - studied too much

Dan - two shaves left

Dave, that sounds like fun! I love Halloween!!! I long for the days when I lived in a neighborhood where kids came by all evening...it was a hoot.

Did you wear a costume? Or did it look kinda like Ken's. Here's my aviation costume from 10 years ago...I was Poncho Barnes. My favorite was when I dressed up as a cat. Saloon girl was fun, too. Anybody else want to post their costume picture? :yes:

Diana- rumor has it you dress like this every day! (Except those evenings, when out spotlighting deer in your PJ's...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I saw these today.

M.T. Tomb
I. M. Mortal
Bored Twins-
Ben Thar, Don That
Theo Later
Ex Wife

or maybe an aviation one:

Crash Landon
Isa B. Flyin

Last edited:
Back