Now tell me this ain't the coolest damn thing I've ever done

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I am usually such a klutz with stuff, so I'm especially proud of myself (doesn't happen often). I have something that actually resembles an airplane (sort of) right now.

This is not what the fuselage will really look like, they will be bent around a jig frame and stuff, this was just taken for posterity. I'm very happy right now:

sidesdone.JPG

You're going to be a great plane craftsman; you have to love it to be really good!

Best,

Dave

Nick, is it true that after you fly this puppy, you're going to build your own business jet? :)

Great progress! You're really moving along on her. I'll be looking forward to more completion pictures to go with my envy of building your own bird.

Very cool indeed Nick!

Make sure you put Mark to work when he comes down this week.

Nick,

I looked in the dictionary for cool and there it was, you and your airplane listed as the coolest ever!

Go Nick!

Looks great!

John

Thats a fine looking deck you're building there.

;)

Seriously, dude, that kicks arse!!!

How do you curve the sides now? another Jig and some steam?

OK, it's the coolest thing ya ever done, but you're still young. There's more cool to come.

You're going to be a great plane craftsman; you have to love it to be really good!

Best,

Dave

I hope I fit that bill well enough, Dave. I really do.

How do you curve the sides now? another Jig and some steam?

Yessir....more jig than steam though. I'm not sure that steam would do much to a side that is already plywood skinned....the bend is REALLY shallow.

Looks like fun!!

I'm a little concerned about your recent lack of appropriate product placement, though.

Are you gonna put in a Dr.Pepper dispenser mod into the panel though????

Pete

THAT'S the coolest thing you've ever done? Wow, have you been sheltered?

I guess it's too late to make a kayak.:dunno:

Pay no attention to the above post. That was my pet parrot whom I've trained since birth.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick, that looks awesome! I can't wait to see your work. Watching the quick progress you are making inspires me to think about building my own. Good going!!!

Pay no attention to the above post. That was my pet parrot whom I've trained since birth.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick, that looks awesome! I can't wait to see your work. Watching the quick progress you are making inspires me to think about building my own. Good going!!!
The first 95% of any building project ALWAYS goes fast.....!!

It's that......................

l a s t.........................

f i v e .................................

p e r c e n t ....................................

t h a t .............................................

t a k e s ........................................................

F O R E V E R !:rolleyes: :rofl:

What I want to know Nick, is how do you sleep when you know there is this great big puzzle for you in the next room....like someone that is compulsive I would want to work work work knowing what the outcome will be!

Looks great!

The first 95% of any building project ALWAYS goes fast.....!!

It's that......................

l a s t.........................

f i v e .................................

p e r c e n t ....................................

t h a t .............................................

t a k e s ........................................................

F O R E V E R !:rolleyes: :rofl:

So I hear. lol

ain't that the truth? 95% of projects spend 95% of their schedule finishing the last 5%. Mine are the outlyers - most of them remain at 95% in perpetuity

Back