now, Dad is in the hospital

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
it never ends! he went in for a stent this morning. apparently 75% of his coronary artery was blocked. I'm going to call him later this afternoon. My Mom called me last night, you know when they immediately launch into a story "your Dad had a stress test this summer that didn't go well" you know it isn't good news...

and in other news, my friend Paige in Germany is expected to deliver by morning (for anyone who may have asked me about this - HPNFlygirl did, I remember).

My father-in-law just had triple bypass a little over a week ago. He's doing well and back at home in Oregon. It's good that they found it now and very fixable with surgery.

Hope everything goes well for you.

Wow, you've really had a rough time lately. I hope everything goes well.

Oy!

Stay healthy, it seems like it's your turn soon.

Hey Eliz,

Mark, don't jinx her.

Best wishes for your dad. Has your friend had the babies yet? Best wishes to her too.

Are you and your mom still planning to go to NYC?

Hope everything works out for the best.

Brook

Beth,

Sorry to hear that. Hope your dad does OK, and that things smooth out from here. Cherish the fact that you still have your parents around.

best,

bill

Arg! Will it never end!

My little 4 yr old niece Katie had surgery today too, she has an outtie caused by a misconnected muscle in her abdomen. Where the Docs said it wouldn’t bother her now it would if she ever got pregnant later in life and it’s better to fix it now then later. I got a call at 11:20 this morning that all went well, she’s sore and grumpy but doing fine.

Hope your Dad’s turns out as well.

Missa

woodstock said:
it never ends! he went in for a stent this morning. apparently 75% of his coronary artery was blocked. I'm going to call him later this afternoon. My Mom called me last night, you know when they immediately launch into a story "your Dad had a stress test this summer that didn't go well" you know it isn't good news...

and in other news, my friend Paige in Germany is expected to deliver by morning (for anyone who may have asked me about this - HPNFlygirl did, I remember).

I am sorry to hear that. I hope he has a speeding recovery and all goes well.

thanks everyone. just left my Mom a message to call me when she gets to the hospital. I haven't heard word yet on anything. sounds like it's the season for surgery!

he'll be in overnight. most likely everything will be fine, he even plans to do Civil War tromping this weekend down in my neck of the woods! :hairraise: I told him driving almost 400 miles a few days after surgery might not be the best idea but I expect he'll be down here if they release him. (this is also the guy who had a near fainting-spell a month ago, numbness, and thick tongue while chopping wood... and nonchalantly told my Mom this as HE was driving them in to see my Gramma. and you see how long it's taken him to get his butt to the doctors. stubborn-ness is an Anderson trait I believe.)

When I wake up tomorrow I expect there will be a new baby in the world! maybe even before I go to sleep actually.

still planning on NYC! yes indeed. slight chance we'll be one of the crazed tourists on the Today show Monday morning. (depends on weather and all, my Mom heads to the airport at 8 AM, but we're fairly close to Rock Center)

Prayers for you and your family. I can relate. We've just gone through a huge crisis with my dad (age 75, active pilot); but he went home from the hospital two days before Thanksgiving after an eight-week stay. We have much to be thankful for. I've been meaning to post something about him; it's quite a story.

-- Pilawt

thanks everyone, I talked to him, he sounds pretty chipper for being on valium and all that other stuff they give to them. sounds like it was a success - the picture shows regular blood flow, all good.

Pilawt, do tell us. glad he made it home.

<<<hugs>>>> T&Ps for your dad and you and your family and friend in Germany!

terry

Sounds like it would take a lot more than that to get him truly down... Take care.

Wow. Coronary stent and he's up and in the woods a few days later?

Do you folks have extra iron in your diet?

Good to hear that he's doing well (as are the rest of the folks mentioned here)

actually he decided against coming down this wkd. no bets on next wkd though. although we are all going to Vegas soon so maybe he'll hold off til after that.

we have something in our diets, to be sure!

thanks Terry and Dave!

last I heard (this morning) Paige was still in labor. OUCH.

Last edited:
Best wishes Beth!! Hope he does O.K. Sounds a little young to be going through this.

Dave

we all have artificial parts in our family! I have a plastic lens in my bad eye, my Dad has two knees and now the stent... a few uncles have this as well, an aunt.. we're all bionic!

Hey Liz - sorry to hear about your Dad's health but at least it sounds as if he's doing well. Stop feeding him fatty foods! ;)

Hope your reaching the end of your string of bad events of late!

CH

Wow! Bad season for dads. Mine (80 years old) slipped on snow over Thanksgiving weekend and broke both his right wrist and right ankle. He'll be just fine, but it was a major hassle getting him home (from Idaho to California).

Good luck to all our dads.

Judy

judypilot said:
Wow! Bad season for dads. Mine (80 years old) slipped on snow over Thanksgiving weekend and broke both his right wrist and right ankle. He'll be just fine, but it was a major hassle getting him home (from Idaho to California).

Good luck to all our dads.

Judy

Oh my God! your poor Dad! two joints! ouch. :(

thanks Brooke and Chuck. he's doing well, I couldn't get a hold of him this morning so I REALLY hope that doesn't mean he was down in the basement stacking wood or something stupid.

Brooke, my friend had her baby Wednesday night!! a little boy.

Last edited:
some updates:

he went home, but had a blood clot a few days later. went into the hospital for a week, checked himself out (I thought they released him Friday and actually he left, himself) and then Saturday was back in for something else, released again. yesterday he had some trouble breathing, panicked, and back to the hospital he is. then again he was in Carter Lumber buying supplies when this happened so I'm thinking he isn't exactly listening to the docs...

Back