Nothing sucks like Elextrolux

weilke

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
weilke
When my 15 year old GE fridgde/freezer failed, I called GE and 3 days later a uniformed gentleman with a van that says 'GE' on the side came and fixed it. Took maybe an hour with parts he had on the truck. He was nice enough to vacuum and brush the coils in the process, gave me a reasonable bill and refused any tip on top of that.

Contrast that with Electrolux/Fridgidaire. This is a new fridge/freezer unit purchased this february. It had the features we were looking for and fit in with the decor of the rest of the kitchen. The ice-maker in that thing never worked. We are now up to service visit #8 by 3 different independent appliance companies sent by electrolux service. They have replaced every part in the icemaker/water filter and it still doesn't work. It looks like my credit card company is going own that refrigerator pretty soon.

I knew it. The FAA secretly contracted out their whole operation behind the scenes. It's Electrolux. [insert "sucks" punchline]

Is the water valve behind the fridge turned on? :D

It would have been much cheaper for the company to replace it with another new unit. Not sure what they're thinking. *shrug*
Also, not sure what you're thinking. After visit #3, I would have lost my patience with the shi**y product and asked for either a new one or my money back. I don't like taking vacation days to waste at home watching clueless repair guys not repairing anything. But that's just me. You sure have much more patience with incompetence. Kudos.

Their warranty doesn't cover replacement....

I don't have to be home when they come. I usually have someone at home to let them in.

I must ask: where do you live? Even Ukraine offers 2-year warranty.
Sheesh, they sure took you. Hopefully you're not out several thousand dollars (I know the new-age refrigerators can cost and arm and a leg nowadays - we had to recently replace ours and it was hard to find anything below 4 figures - and we did not need a TV built-in or underbody neons).
Again, you have the patience of a saint. I would have called my CC company after service call #3 and reversed the charge while pushing the fridge to the curb for the company to pick up at their earliest inconvenience.

Their warranty doesn't cover replacement....

I don't have to be home when they come. I usually have someone at home to let them in.
Surprised you didn't just give them their own key.

Back