'nother 'puter question fer ya

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
new laptop. my old computer (using XP, as this one is) would keep the most recently used programs on top when you clicked on the start button - the menu would pop up and there you go.

now, it won't get rid of "tour XP" or "msn".

I want the calculator to come up as I use it a lot to balance my checkbook etc.etc.

it won't stay up - they don't swap the most recently used programs.

how to make it do this?

thx

Elizabeth, I think what you want is to left click "Start" then roll the mouse cursor over "All Programs" "Accessories" and "Calculator". When calculator is highlighted right click and select "Pin to Start Menu".

Then again, maybe not.

If you want to remove one of the programs that won't leave simply right click the Start menu icon of the offending program and then click "Unpin from Start Menu" on the pop-up menu.

Last edited:
Right click on the start button. Click on customize. Under programs you can set how many "recent" programs you want listed. If you use a program a lot like the calculator pin it to the start menu (right click on any program).

woodstock said:
now, it won't get rid of "tour XP" or "msn".
The guys answered your other questions.

"Tour XP" will start five or ten times before giving up. I usually let it start the wizard, then hit cancel. It won't come up again after that.

MSN Messenger? Or MSN as a home page? Or MSN Explorer? Check the Start Menu...All Programs...Start Up folder. Right-click and delete anything you don't want starting automatically. Windows Messenger and a few others work out of the registry, however. If that's your issue, too, PM me and I'll send you an e-mail with screenshots on how to edit.

Back