NOTAM system revisions coming June 30th

Some notam language will change, “and should result in easier to read and understand notams” when the revisions become effective, the FAA said.

One day they'll have the technology to use plain text in NOTAMS. That would result in the stated goal, imho.

Some notam language will change, “and should result in easier to read and understand notams” when the revisions become effective, the FAA said.

One day they'll have the technology to use plain text in NOTAMS. That would result in the stated goal, imho.

Like, "HPN RUNWAY 11-29 CLOSED UNTIIL WDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2011 at 2100 ZULU"

Ahh that would make life so much easier.

Like, "HPN RUNWAY 11-29 CLOSED UNTIIL WDNESDAY JUNE 7, 2011 at 2100 ZULU"

Ahh that would make life so much easier.
Normal character case, returns at the end of paragraphs, indenting lists...

But why would they want to make that stuff comprehensible?

Based on what I read in the links in the first post, it doesn't appear to me that they will be changing anything.

Normal character case, returns at the end of paragraphs, indenting lists...

But why would they want to make that stuff comprehensible?

Based on what I read in the links in the first post, it doesn't appear to me that they will be changing anything.
They most certainly are. They are changing where to look for the information you need, making it an almost certainty that you will not find it. We, apparently, were starting to find the information too quickly. Something had to be done.

I don't understand for the life of me why there can't be a simple heading like "30 miles around Dallas and Maverick VOR" to begin so one could at least look for an area to begin with or along a route. One must wade through paragraphs of meaningless tripe to even find out what area is affected.

If one is so bold as to go to the FAA graphic map site, notice there is an explicit notice that one can't just rely that!

FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION CALL YOUR LOCAL FLIGHT SERVICE STATION AT 1-800-WX BRIEF!

Best,

Dave

Ff

Looks to me like they took one of the deck chairs and moved it about two inches to the left.
I think they're taking one of the deck chairs and relocating it to the other side of the boat...

Back