NOTAM: Banana over Texas

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
http://www.geostationarybananaovertexas.com

If read the current status report you'll see they just need funding for the scientific part. :goofy:

If they get $1 in funding I think I can tell them that they can't get aerodynamic lift and stay "geostationary" in the jet stream unless they come up with a real source of thrust....that will hold up for 30 days. :rolleyes:

they use the term geostationary loosely. looks like basically they will make the banana fly in circles to keep it generally over the same spot.

sure would be cool to see.

As a signal. (Perhaps to give direction or as a prophetic sign).

It is a Mark,
It is representation and
About showing presence.

The banana is ‘pop’ (and foreigner).
It is a common thing, and yet, it comes from far away.
- “..because there are no bananas in Texas, at least no banana plantations. - bananas do not grow in Texas”.
This intervention has irony.
Like the paradox about localized actions with global dimensions.

This is a daring action, defiant like a cowboy act.
And the banana is macho and phallic, they say.

It is in Texas because it has oil,
and a lot of Walmarts, Exxons and Halliburtons. (and The Ranch)

It is a buffoon act, trying to impress…
Texan dominant Aerospace, and all the Gun Clubs.

At the end it as a Show, a banana in the sky is an odd celebration to spectacle,
to the advertisement industries; and to the Warhol Art.

Assuming (which I am not) that this thing is something other than a hoax site, I say we all take our shotguns and go banana-huntin'... I'd have to *buy* a shotgun (or I could borrow one), but it might be a worthwhile thing to do.

Buncha yutzes.

...sure would be cool to see.

As silly, yutzy, or whatever the concept may be to some, I agree. It would be cool to see, and the thought makes me grin just as much as it makes me shake my head and roll my eyes and say "Dang, I can put a cool million to a better use than that..."

Regardless, it would be far out*. The conceptual images were amusing enough, was that cowboy answering a call of nature in one...? Or was it the sight of the giant banana that prompted...er...a never mind! :rofl:

[SIZE="-2"]*As long as giant fruit flies don't come out of it, that is...
[/SIZE]

Back