Not sure whether to say good job or what?

Landed safely:thumbsup: If I had to speculate descending from altitude to land at ROC and forgot to pull the carb heat. Looks like no real harm to the plane. Not sure what the trooper is doing in the picture looks like a radar gun(hey buddy it's not moving)

http://13wham.com/news/top-stories/small-plane-lands-in-field-in-wayne-county

No damage to the plane or anyone in it or on the ground seems like a good outcome to me. Of course we will have to see if it was a mechanical issue with the carb heat not working or just a forgetting to turn it on.

Good job,good landing and you can use the plane again.

Here is where he landed I think. In the video the plane is parked next to the house that is in the lower left of this picture just to the North of the river. I am guessing he landed in the field to the right.

macedon_zpscu0kex9q.jpg

The field is about 1500ish feet at the absolute longest place you could go. I am sure the snow slowed him down considerably and looks from the picture the barn doors were out.

I suppose if the weather got nice they could fly it out. There is a 2600' grass strip about 2.5 miles from there and the nearest hard runway is 10 miles. My guess is they will end up taking the wings off and truck it out.

While the flight as a whole probably earns an "or what," you gotta give him a "Good job!" on the landing. Frozen, snowy field? No damage? No injuries? Great job! Now go learn how to not need to do this again!! :mad2: Checklists? Hello??

The Trooper appears to be holding a lidar. They double as a laser range finder for taking measurements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always worry about this kind of thing because it seems like there are so many little things that most of the time if you forget they wont come up to bite you necessarily but that one time....

Of course it could certainly have been a mechanical issue as well just speculating based on the news saying it was a carb ice. As you say snowy field landing with nothing apparently worse for wear is an awesome outcome under the circumstances. :thumbsup:

Back