Not a good day in Alabama

Looks like that Mooney originated here. I don't recognize it, but I'm glad at least one of those incidents turned out relatively ok.

Fire Chief David Driver said:
"It definitely could have been a lot worse. In his flight path it passed over a city park where there were little league football team practicing, there were some little league baseball practicing down. He came right over them with no engine power so it definitely could have been a lot worse,"

What an alarmist idiot.

Of course, the mayor's name is Billy Bob Driver so I'm sure Chief David is his son or cousin or brother or some such.

Last edited:
His comments seemed appropriate to me. :dunno:

It always can be worse. :confused:

You guys have no idea.....Clanton is a different kinda place, even by Alabama standards. I am still curious as to what exactly happened. There is construction going on at the Clanton airport, I wonder if that "could" have contributed?? I did my night XC last night and Clanton was about 15 miles to my right. I was looking for the beacon, but couldn't find it and mentioned it to my instructor, he said he believed it was inop due to the construction.

The Mooney pilot is a poster over on Mooneyspace and checked in today. He was cruising at 17k' and lost MP, and glided down to Clanton. Simply ran off the end of the runway due to excess speed on landing, but he is fine. Could've been a lot worse.

Could've been a lot worse.

Well, he'll ya it coulda been! He coulda hit one of billy bob's little league baseball or football teams in the park halfway across town and then slammed into the grade school right before coming to rest in a fiery heap in the middle of the hospital's maternity ward!

:goofy:

The Mooney pilot is a poster over on Mooneyspace and checked in today. He was cruising at 17k' and lost MP, and glided down to Clanton. Simply ran off the end of the runway due to excess speed on landing, but he is fine. Could've been a lot worse.

Glad he is ok. I am afraid the outcome will be worse when the Cub is found.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back