Northwest Arkansas Regional XNA

IamBull

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Bull
If anyone is flying cross country through this part of the country, XNA is a great place to stop by for fuel and food. If you call the FBO ahead of time, they'll hook you up with the best bbq sandwhiches youve had for a buck. Really nice FBO too.

If anyone is flying cross country through this part of the country, XNA is a great place to stop by for fuel and food. If you call the FBO ahead of time, they'll hook you up with the best bbq sandwhiches youve had for a buck. Really nice FBO too.
We've flown in there several times to pick people up at the main terminal. It IS a nice FBO. They've always let us use their courtesy car to run over to the terminal. Didn't know about the bbq sandwiches. :) The folks on Razorback Approach are always really helpful and friendly.

Orginally from New England, now I'm here in the middle of nowhere, good old Oklahoma...

XNA vs FYV (Drake)

I'm looking at flying my Dad to a game in the fall Auburn vs. Arkansas. He went to Arkansas and I went to Auburn. I'd like to get some input on flying into both, especially any input on doing on a game weekend.

Thanks,

I am new to "forums" but wanted to let you folks know that I enjoyed an article in the April 2007 issue of Twin & Turbine magazine about the fly-in at Gaston's. I fly into XNA often and agree that the service is excellent. The only time that the fbo has been really packed is when the Razorback team is flying out for a game.

Re: XNA vs FYV (Drake)

I'm looking at flying my Dad to a game in the fall Auburn vs. Arkansas. He went to Arkansas and I went to Auburn. I'd like to get some input on flying into both, especially any input on doing on a game weekend.

Thanks,

Haven't flown into AR before, but I flew to AU last fall for the AU-Florida game. I actually landed at Montgomery and our friends picked us up there. It's about a 30min drive from Auburn.

As for the Auburn airport itself, check out: http://www.auburn.edu/administration/airport/
They have a page there "Game Day Information" that will detail the best way to get in-and-out of there. I called them about the AU-FLA game and it wasn't going to be a hassle getting there for that game, which was probably the biggest of the season.

I have had nothing but good experiences at FYV. Service excellent, fuel prices pretty good, and ATC good. The field is not too busy.

Never flown into XNA.

Orginally from New England, now I'm here in the middle of nowhere, good old Oklahoma...

Where in Oklahoma? My wife is from the Ada area and we fly down there several times a year. One of our favorite stops is at Tahlequah, great FBO there too.

Tahlequah does have a nice FBO. My Parents live on Lake Tenkiller and I visit there as often as I can. Heading down there this weekend as a matter of fact.

Thanks,

Wayne,

Be advised that sometimes KFYV operates on a reservation system for IFR on game days. But that's usually when we play good teams, so the Auburn game shouldn't be a problem. :rofl:

If you decide to come to the game send me a PM. If you want to fly into KVBT you can take my truck to the game. Easy in / easy out. Let me know.

Chip

Wayne,

Be advised that sometimes KFYV operates on a reservation system for IFR on game days. But that's usually when we play good teams, so the Auburn game shouldn't be a problem. :rofl:

Hey!

So, it would be easy to see the game the week before in Little Rock (TN-Chattanooga?).

As for reservation, do I need to get that set-up with FYV or are they just giving preference to IFR? I would plan on filing IFR and definitely do it if it got me if needed (weather or reservation).

If you decide to come to the game send me a PM. If you want to fly into KVBT you can take my truck to the game. Easy in / easy out. Let me know.

Chip

Thanks. That would probably be a heck of a lot easier than XNA or FYV on a game day; both landing and take-off.

Bummer, now it's listed as a 6pm (Central Time) game. I was hoping for an afternoon game, so I could easily fly in and out on the same day. I'd rather not land back in Chattanooga/Atlanta after midnight. Maybe we could hop to Memphis and visit his family on Sunday.

I know Fayetteville hotels will be packed, what about Bentonville hotels?

Hey!
As for reservation, do I need to get that set-up with FYV or are they just giving preference to IFR? I would plan on filing IFR and definitely do it if it got me if needed (weather or reservation).

The IFR reservation system (I don't have the link handy). If you come VFR it's not an issue. It's also not an issue if you come VFR or IFR into KVBT (Bentonville).

I know Fayetteville hotels will be packed, what about Bentonville hotels?

Hotels will be pretty full everywhere, but I know we can find you a room. There are a lot of hotels in Bentonville (Wal-Mart) so there shouldn't be a problem. Let me know if you decide to do this and I'll help you get everything worked out. I might even be able to find a hangar to put you in.

Thanks guys! I've got that e-STMP bookmarked. There are other events when this could be useful too.

Thanks!

(TN-Chattanooga?).

Hey Wayne, don't know how Chattanooga got into this thread, but if you're stopping thru and are interested in dinner, or need help in any way, drop me a line.

I am new to "forums" but wanted to let you folks know that I enjoyed an article in the April 2007 issue of Twin & Turbine magazine about the fly-in at Gaston's. I fly into XNA often and agree that the service is excellent. The only time that the fbo has been really packed is when the Razorback team is flying out for a game.
Well you'll have to join us in June. welcome to the forum!

Hey Wayne, don't know how Chattanooga got into this thread, but if you're stopping thru and are interested in dinner, or need help in any way, drop me a line.

That's who the Razorbacks play before Auburn; one of the comments was that Drake (FYV) is only busy when they play good teams, so it should be light when Auburn is in town. :dunno:

If we go, I'll probably fly out of 3M3 as my parents live in the Chattanooga area. Their house is for sale, so who knows, maybe we'll fly out of Newnan (CCO) as they are looking at homes near there.

If we go, I'll probably fly out of 3M3 as my parents live in the Chattanooga area.

3M3 is five miles from my house, if y'all are interested in lunch, we can go somewhere.

Thanks for the info, but the trip is off for this year. My dad will be in Madrid that weekend.

Five miles from 3M3? Are you guys going to park the M20J there? I don't think it has an instrument approach, but you could land at CHA if needed.

My parents live in Harrison, so I stop at 3M3 when I hop up there with the kids for lunch or flying them up and back for their week of being spoiled by the grandparents during summer break. Yeah, we _could_ drive, but why?

Five miles from 3M3? Are you guys going to park the M20J there? I don't think it has an instrument approach, but you could land at CHA if needed.

I've been on the list at 3m3 for over THREE years, in anticipation of getting an airplane. I'm still 17th on the list. *sigh*

We have a hangar at 1A0, which is a 20mi, 40min drive, but at least we have a hangar! No apps at 1A0 either, but we can always come in at CHA.

Back