Northernmost Airport with 100LL?

dans2992

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dans2992
So, my wife is going to be traveling with our daughter this summer, and I'm thinking of making a quick trip to somewhere she'd never want to go, but I've been curious about (or just to say I've been there, cross it off the bucket list, etc.). Thinking of leaving from Phoenix area and heading straight north (around July 4th weekend).

This would be in a Comanche 260 (well maintained) and I'm looking for interesting places to stop that have decent runways. I'm not really into hunting or fishing, but not opposed to outdoors type stuff.

Considering Yellowknife, then maybe on to Sachs Harbor - CYSY. It _says_ they have 100LL. Anyone have any other ideas? Pretty much the plan is to fly for tons of hours, get out, look around, maybe do something for a day and fly back.

Probably unappealing to many, but not sure when else I'd have a chance to go this far north....

Had no problem finding 100 ll from Montana through Canada up to Alaska.

Sachs Harbor is further north and a bit off the beaten trail. So far, I'm getting a definate "maybe" from the folks out there.

Don't know if you will find this helpful but thought I'd post it. http://www.100ll.ca/

Thanks! That helps. Sachs Harbor claims they don't have 100LL, but it sounded like the guy I called was looking it up in a book!

Wife doesn't want me to go on this trip, so we'll see what happens.

You could always "get lost" northbound and claim the compass broke. You don't always get a chance to fly somewhere you want. I say do it. Need a passenger?

Back