Northeast fly-in: LNS/Lancaster, PA - Sat., 1/14/06

Re: Wednesday update - crossposted

RotaryWingBob said:
Toby - I can do either sunday or monday.

Is it an option to do some time other than 12:00 in order to get the room?
One of the days it's booked at 12, the other day at 1. I didn't ask that question, but I assume each group is going to need it for a couple hours, since they are large groups.

Do you think most people in our group(s) could get there either mid-morning or mid-afternoon? I'll call them back about this option if you think it can be done. I don't think I can manage that from this distance.

woodstock said:
should we start a separate thread, titled, "are you going to fly IFR on Saturday to LNS"? some folks might not read this but what do I know.

or make it a specific poll:

1. I can fly IFR on Saturday
2. I can fly VFR on Sunday.
3. I can fly VFR on Monday.

and count em up?
I don't think I'm going to start a separate thread -- I have enough places to look with three web boards. I still have to get some kind of count for the various days. Just put your preferences here.

Re: Wednesday update - crossposted

Toby said:
One of the days it's booked at 12, the other day at 1. I didn't ask that question, but I assume each group is going to need it for a couple hours, since they are large groups.

Do you think most people in our group(s) could get there either mid-morning or mid-afternoon? I'll call them back about this option if you think it can be done. I don't think I can manage that from this distance.
I can do either, but that's easy for me to say having to fly a whopping 34 nm to get there ;)

I would think 11:00 on the day the room is booked at 13:00, or 14:00 the day it's booked for 12:00 might work...

My availability, VFR only for all days:

Saturday yes
Sunday no
Monday yes

-Skip

Well my availabilty is
Saturday Yes
Sunday No ,have other commitments
Monday No , some people have to work( Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

Dave G.

I would rather see the most people possible - so if the weather is bad I believe we should scrub and go for another date. Sunday does not look much better and it seems as though we will loose a bunch of people on Monday. Why not go for another weekend and hope for better weather?

Sal

Thanks, all. This is a crosspost from AOPA and CPA.

When I look at the responses on this board and the other two, I'm seeing that some can do Sunday, some can do Monday, and some can't do either. However we slice it, we're going to end up with a small group. A better option overall might be to postpone this for two weeks, as Sal suggests, and see if we can get the big crowd again.

Toby said:
Thanks, all. This is a crosspost from AOPA and CPA.

When I look at the responses on this board and the other two, I'm seeing that some can do Sunday, some can do Monday, and some can't do either. However we slice it, we're going to end up with a small group. A better option overall might be to postpone this for two weeks, as Sal suggests, and see if we can get the big crowd again.

So pick a date!

-Skip

Yeh Pick a date Toby, most Sat. or Sun. are fine with me . just have something to do this weekend
Dave G:yes:

Oh man!!!! I am going to LNS on FRIDAY!

wangmyers said:
Oh man!!!! I am going to LNS on FRIDAY!
Ben, you gotta try to make the next one! I will be posting a rescheduled date later today.

Sounds good. Tomorrow (wx permitting) we will fly up there for a few approaches, lunch, and then home.

wangmyers said:
Sounds good. Tomorrow (wx permitting) we will fly up there for a few approaches, lunch, and then home.

Weather is forecast to go to crap here tomorrow afternoon. Keep an eye on it!!

Joe Williams said:
Weather is forecast to go to crap here tomorrow afternoon. Keep an eye on it!!
It is indeed, Joe :(

That's why I went down to the airport this morning, grabbed my CFI/partner, went up and did some autos with him on board, kicked him out and went joyriding up into Berks county :yes:

Nice day for flying -- real smoooth (at least at 1,300 MSL)!

LNS fly-in rescheduled

Hi everyone,

The LNS/Lancaster, Pa fly-in is rescheduled for Saturday, January 28 at 12:00. All logistical details remain the same. Meet between 11 and 12:00 on the West Ramp for lunch in the banquet room and large dining room. Let's hope for glorious weather.

Please see attached attendance list, and post your additions/subtractions for the 28th in this thread. I will keep updating the list.

Attachments

• LNS_master_list.doc
    21 KB · Views: 11
Hi Toby,

I may be able to hop down to LNS in the Bonanza on the 28th, which would make 2 people (Me and Grandfather).

If not, I'll need a ride from HPN (most likely already have one from HPN from another member {if needed} and will only be 1)

*Prays for good weather for Jan. 28th.*

I'll make an updated post in a week or so with what my plans are.
Thanks so much, and sorry this Saturday (14th) will not work :mad:

Regards,
Jason

Attachments

• LNS_master_list.doc
    21 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Attachments

• 0700d484.gif
    0700d484.gif
    39.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Re: LNS fly-in rescheduled

Toby said:
Hi everyone,

The LNS/Lancaster, Pa fly-in is rescheduled for Saturday, January 28 at 12:00. All logistical details remain the same. Meet between 11 and 12:00 on the West Ramp for lunch in the banquet room and large dining room. Let's hope for glorious weather.

Please see attached attendance list, and post your additions/subtractions for the 28th in this thread. I will keep updating the list.

OK, I am officially cancelled for this weekend. I am a maybe for the 28th because the plane is reserved in the afternoon. I am on standby so hopefully the person who has it will cancel. See you on the 28th (he said optimistically!)

-Skip

Re: LNS fly-in rescheduled

Toby said:
Hi everyone,

The LNS/Lancaster, Pa fly-in is rescheduled for Saturday, January 28 at 12:00.

I checked in to tell you folks how much I was going to be thinking of you tomorrow as the United flight to Denver blasted over Lancaster about 11:20 AM. Looks like I may not miss it after all. Yes!!!

wangmyers said:
Looking at the Surface Analysis and progs, it look like it should be perfect for an IFR flight. Unless it gets very low, I will be there tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I'll see one of you?

weather underground analysis:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=17601&hourly=1&yday=12&weekday=Friday

We didn't get the nasty storms they were forecasting until last night. Just foggy and yucky yesterday. You are probably right, good for IFR flying.

Joe Williams said:
We didn't get the nasty storms they were forecasting until last night. Just foggy and yucky yesterday. You are probably right, good for IFR flying.
I pooped out, though. We could have gone, but I just felt tired. We did a sim; but I'll be in a real airplane next week.

Update for Saturday, January 28: Weather's looking good. Updated roster is attached. Please continue to update.

If everyone on the list comes, we have a range of 78 - 85. Please, if you were on the list for the 14th and don't expect to be there on the 28th, let us know. Likewise, if you're not on the list and are even thinking about coming, let us know. This is going to be quite some fly-in! Help me give the restaurant/tower the best count possible. Thanks.

See you all on Saturday! :)

Attachments

• LNS master list.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 30
Toby said:
Update for Saturday, January 28: Weather's looking good. Updated roster is attached. Please continue to update.

If everyone on the list comes, we have a range of 78 - 85. Please, if you were on the list for the 14th and don't expect to be there on the 28th, let us know. Likewise, if you're not on the list and are even thinking about coming, let us know. This is going to be quite some fly-in! Help me give the restaurant/tower the best count possible. Thanks.

Toby, I wish I could come. I have a concert I am required to attend that day. I was just there a few days ago. Please keep us posted for the future. A FDK fly-in is kinda silly what with AOPA's fly-in, and all, but maybe someday a BWI fly-in . . . .

Toby said:

Toby,

Due to some family committments we will not be able to attend the LNS Fly in. Really wish we could make it, but just can't make it happen.

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together.

wangmyers said:
Toby, I wish I could come. I have a concert I am required to attend that day. I was just there a few days ago. Please keep us posted for the future. A FDK fly-in is kinda silly what with AOPA's fly-in, and all, but maybe someday a BWI fly-in . . . .
Ben, sorry you can't make it. We could do an FDK fly-in -- why not? I'll add it to my spreadsheet of possible destinations.

NC Pilot said:
Toby,

Due to some family committments we will not be able to attend the LNS Fly in. Really wish we could make it, but just can't make it happen.

Thanks for all your hard work putting this together.
Ohhhhh, I'm sorry to hear that, Mark. I was hoping to meet you and Agatha this time. Next time it will work out.

I'm headed back to CA tomorrow for my "last" trip (yeah, right, said that when I got home on the 13th), so I won't make it :mad:

Another time.....another place......sometime.......maybe....... :yes:

Kaye

Kaye said:
I'm headed back to CA tomorrow for my "last" trip (yeah, right, said that when I got home on the 13th), so I won't make it :mad:

Another time.....another place......sometime.......maybe....... :yes:

Kaye
Oh, rats. :mad:

But there is still Gaston's......:yes:

Back