Toby Speed________________1_____PA-28 140_N4150J
John Recine
Adam Zucker
Sal Lagonia________________2_______Cardinal___N2729V
Mavrick/Dave__2 or 3___C172___N1319U
Mark Zych_________________2
Dave Gaiski ___1___Warrior/ Avalanche 8085A
Windchill = Ray Franze _______2?_______Warrior_____N75382
Bob Bruneau_______________ 2 _Pa28-181 N6226J or R22 N7527D (dunno yet)
Greg Groves
Skip Miller
Gary Shelby________________1 or 2____Cherokee____N9765W
Bryon Wetzler___2___Tiger___N28665
Bob Ciotti__________________2________C172_______N2609L
Dom___2______________ Bonanza N67249
Gary and Mary Mascelli ______ 2______ ML 320 (Real Class)
Adam Raines
Jim and Janet Gratton___2
Kelly Kober __1 or 2 ______Comanche__N9144P

CPA folks:
Vaughan__2 or 3___N116AV
Joe4976T___2 or 3___N4976T
Mike ISP___2
Jim and Sue___2___N5262S
Tony T.___5 or 6___N4342Y
Ray93J___2___N9593J
Andy E.___2___N2249X
Russ___2-3___N75078
Larry___N8297W PA-28-180 based at N-47
Allan B.___1 or more likely 2 aboard___N55659 / based @ KPNE

AOPA/POA folks:
Name __________________Number____Plane___Tail #
Jack Merritt________________1_______M20F___N6309Q
Ron Levy__________________1_______AA5B___N22RL
Mark and Agatha Shilling ____3 ______C182RG__N1716R
John Recine
Adam Zucker
Greg Groves____2______182RG_____N756KZ
Skip Miller
Adam Raines

CPA folks:
Vaughan__2 or 3___N116AV
Mike ISP___2
Jim and Sue___2___N5262S
Ray93J___2___N9593J
Andy E.___2___N2249X
Russ___2-3___N75078

No Promises, but you know me and those burger runs!

AOPA/POA folks:
John Recine
Adam Zucker
Skip Miller
Adam Raines
Gil Velez and Sue Villalobos__2__Skyhawk__N5288T

CPA folks:
Vaughan__2 or 3___N116AV
Mike ISP___2
Jim and Sue___2___N5262S
Ray93J___2___N9593J
Andy E.___2___N2249X
Russ___2-3___N75078
Allan B.___1 or more likely 2 aboard___N55659 / based @ KPNE[/quote]

AOPA/POA folks:
John Recine
Adam Zucker
Greg Groves
Skip Miller
Bob Ciotti__________________2
Adam Raines

Jim and Janet Gratton___2 N143ME (don't worry about parking us, we'll park over at Aerotech Lancaster since it is their bird anyway:rolleyes: )

CPA folks:
Vaughan__2 or 3___N116AV
Mike ISP___2
Jim and Sue___2___N5262S
Ray93J___2___N9593J
Andy E.___2___N2249X
Russ___2-3___N75078

woodstock said:
hey Kaye, if it changes to Monday the 16th (holiday wkd) is there a chance I could ride up with you? I'm supposed to fly with Ray but I think it's later in the day.

Sure! It's not a holiday for me, but considering all the holiday time I missed last week, I might take it off anyway.

Important Update About Fiorentino's

Everyone,

I spoke to the restaurant owner at length, and we came up with a plan that I think will work very well for our large group. First of all, they can easily accommodate us. They are not booking any other groups that day besides us, so they can be flexible about space. I've reserved the Banquet Room, which holds 38, with a hold also on the far dining room, which is just next door and can handle any spillover, even if we have more than 70 people. We will be able to go back and forth between the rooms if we like. If the group turns out to be small, we will just be in the Banquet Room.

We discussed either having a buffet, ordering off the regular menu, ordering off a pre-arranged menu of perhaps 3 items, and ordering off the $4.95 lunch menu. The factors we considered were the time it takes to cook various orders, which option would provide the easiest way to serve a large group that might not arrive all at the same time and might not want to eat the same things, and the logistics of collecting money and paying the bill. One of the issues was also that it's hard to get the options to all of the participants in advance, as we are in contact only over the medium of the Internet. We also talked about weather and the fact that if it's IFR or marginal VFR that day, we will either cancel or else only a small number will show up.

The option that seems best -- quickest way for 70 people to get served while offering us the most individual choice, and an easy bill to figure out (and I won't have to lay out all the money) -- is the $4.95 lunch menu. Please check out the following:

http://www.fiorentinos.com/lunch_menu.htm

As you can see, there are burgers, sandwiches, hot dishes, pasta, salads on the menu. Plenty of variety. Each table will get its own bill, and you can figure it out yourselves. Beverage, tax and tip additional. The regular menu is available if needed.

The reservation is for 12:00. Aim to arrive between 11:30 and 12.

If you have phone numbers for anyone on the list (I will post an updated list of attendees tonight), give them a call and bring their attention to this post. Thanks.

Re: Important Update About Fiorentino's

Good call, Toby. I usually order off the 4.95 menu anyway.

And thanks for all the time and energy you are putting in to make this work :yes:

Fuel/Pilot Shop info

For all who want to buy fuel at LNS, we were offered the group rate of $3.75/gal by Airways Pilot Shop. Just mention that you're with the AOPA group. (Sorry, POA'ers. I had to call our group something, so I picked AOPA and CPA fly-in.)

Fuel has to be purchased when you are either at your plane or at the pilot shop, so plan either to come a half hour early and order it beforehand (717-569-4996 or Unicom 122.95), or order it when you're in the pilot shop after lunch. Airways has a van that seats 12 to take us over there.

Updated list as of tonight:

AOPA/POA folks:
Mark and Agatha Shilling ____4 ______C182RG__N1716R
John Recine__1 __
Skip Miller___1
Bob Ciotti__________________2________C172_______N2609L Dom___2______________ Bonanza N67249
Adam Raines
Jim and Janet Gratton___2___N143ME
Gil Velez and Sue Villalobos__2__Skyhawk__N5288T

CPA folks:
Vaughan__2 or 3___N116AV
Mike ISP___2
Jim and Sue___2___N5262S
Ray93J___2___N9593J
Andy E.___2___N2249X
Russ___2-3___N75078
Gordon Bell___2___PA32R___ N220L @KCXY

Maybe:
Kaye Clark
Jason Herman and grandfather – Bonanza
Blueskies and friend

After lunch:
John/C-1 and friends

woodstock said:
I'll be at Hilton Head again, bummer, this is pretty close. hopefully I'll be able to make one in the springtime.

is this one of the bigger ones?
Yes! It's turning out that way. Any way you can make it on Sat.?

Last edited:
Re: Fuel/Pilot Shop info

Toby said:

no, definitely at Hilton Head, already have my tickets and my realtor is expecting me. darn it. this really looks like fun. well, I am sure there will be more.

Re: Fuel/Pilot Shop info

Toby said:

no, definitely at Hilton Head, already have my tickets and my realtor is expecting me. darn it. this really looks like fun. well, I am sure there will be more.

FYI all. With respect to fuel, Smoketown, S37, currently has 100LL at about 3.65 per gallon, plus or minus a few cents. And Mel Glick, owner of the joint, tells me that it may go down more after a new load of fuel next week. I will keep all posted.

Many local pilots, even some who fly out of LNS, get their juice over at Smoketown for the prices, and to support a smaller local GA airport. Mel would love the business if we throw some his way!

Jim G

Looks like Grandpas going to be in Vermont that weekend....Looking for someone in the HPN/DXR area for a ride down. I sent you a brief e-mail Sal.

Need to get it all checked over with my parents so if you have a seat, feel free to PM me with how many seats (may only need 1) and how much approx. time you have (so I can explain all the hours and terminology to the bosses).

Thanks!

Jason

Anyone thought about where we can park that many planes? While I think they'll fit on the West ramp, I'm not 100% sure it can handle such a crowd. Parking down at AirWays will create too much trouble moving that many folks back and forth.

And I like the 4.95 menu idea.

Ron Levy said:
Anyone thought about where we can park that many planes? While I think they'll fit on the West ramp, I'm not 100% sure it can handle such a crowd. Parking down at AirWays will create too much trouble moving that many folks back and forth.

And I like the 4.95 menu idea.
All I can say is, they know we're coming. I talked to one of the tower managers and gave him a heads up that there may be 30 or so airplanes coming in between 11 and 12, and he didn't see any problem.

Ron Levy said:
Anyone thought about where we can park that many planes?

We hold the CFO Fly-In at LNS every year and use the west ramp - it can hold over 90 planes. Should be no problem.

Sal

Ron: There is a whole passle of Parking in the West Ramp. Almost as far as the eye can see. You are correct about Airways ramp. I beleive that Airways will fuel you at the west ramp.

AdamZ said:
I beleive that Airways will fuel you at the west ramp.
Yes, the girl at Airways told me that you can have the plane fueled when you get there. Just call Airways and wait by your plane. The phone number is in this thread somewhere.

Toby...ALLL....

SPECIAL ATTENTION!!!!!!!

If anyone parks on the west ramp and decides to walk (not take Airways shuttle) :no: DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT:no: walk across the ramp from the restaurant side (west to east) to Airways, on the flight line side.

Either thake advantage of Airways shuttle van or exit the front of the terminal, walk to the main roadway and then east outside the airport to Airways.

LNS has commuter service and therefore is under the direction of the TSA. The Ramp area (In front of the terminal) is OFF LIMITS to ALL PERSONS EXCEPT BOARDING PASSANGERS AND AIRPORT/TSA PERSONAL.

Failure to observe the above, WILL, cause you to be stopped and local POLICE WILL BE CALLLED.

Take my word for it!

C-1 PILOT said:
Toby...ALLL....

SPECIAL ATTENTION!!!!!!!

If anyone parks on the west ramp and decides to walk (not take Airways shuttle) :no: DO NOT...I REPEAT DO NOT:no: walk across the ramp from the restaurant side (west to east) to Airways, on the flight line side.

Either thake advantage of Airways shuttle van or exit the front of the terminal, walk to the main roadway and then east outside the airport to Airways.

LNS has commuter service and therefore is under the direction of the TSA. The Ramp area (In front of the terminal) is OFF LIMITS to ALL PERSONS EXCEPT BOARDING PASSANGERS AND AIRPORT/TSA PERSONAL.

Failure to observe the above, WILL, cause you to be stopped and local POLICE WILL BE CALLLED.

Take my word for it!

It's an easy walk along the roadway. There is a WIDE strip of grass, so you don't have to worry about getting run down by cars. It takes Cathy Sean, and I 10 or 15 minutes, and we enjoy the walk. The ramp was always a little busy for my taste to be walking around with a kid, but from your post I'm glad we never tried!!

The one time we had a bunch of stuff (just before Christmas) and tried to get a shuttle, the wait was going to be longer than the walk. Heck.. wasn't all that much stuff, it was just Cathy and I in a 152 that time LOL. We'd go more often, but it's not a cross country flight for IFR & Commercial experience purposes, which is what I try to limit my flights to right now.

CROSS POSTED AOPA

Toby, Dave G., Sal et. al.

Since there is a chance the weather for next Saturday will become below VFR, I have a few questions for the group. Who wants to go ahead with the fly-in even if it means flying IFR (within each one's minimums)? Who would have space to give others a ride if it comes to that?

Last edited:
TeenDoc said:
CROSS POSTED AOPA

Toby, Dave G., Sal et. al.

Since there is a chance the weather for next Saturday will become below VFR, I have a few questions for the group. Who wants to go ahead with the fly-in even if it means flying IFR (within each one's minimums)? Who would have space to give others a ride if it comes to that?
This is also cross-posted. An additional option is to reschedule. I'll call the restaurant today to see if that's even a possibility for later in the weekend.

Toby said:
This is also cross-posted. An additional option is to reschedule. I'll call the restaurant today to see if that's even a possibility for later in the weekend.

It looks like Sunday may be better than the originally scheduled Saturday. It looks like the forecasted rain will start Friday night into Saturday morning. ...but it is also forecast to clear up later in the day. They can't even tell you what is happening outside right now, but we'll find out!

I'll check this thread for more updates in the next few days.

Thanks so much,

Toby said:

I'm on for Saturday, VFR only, and I agree that is not looking good. Still hoping, though.

I'm a maybe for Sunday. My personal calendar is clear. Others have booked the planes, although I have placed myself on the standby list.

-Skip

Personally, I can't make it on Sunday, but if enough people can, it could be set for that day. I can make it on Monday.

It looks worse than just rain on Saturday right now -- with the cold front coming through the night before and the following trough sweeping through during the day, significant ICGICIP is very likely, and that makes IFR tough. Sunday and/or Monday look much better.

It looks worse than just rain on Saturday right now -- with the cold front coming through the night before and the following trough sweeping through during the day, significant ICGICIP is very likely, and that makes IFR tough. Sunday and/or Monday look much better.

N2212R said:
No Promises, but you know me and those burger runs!

Hey Ed, If your nuts enought to go, want a co-pilot, and you are willing to stop at Oakland SW let me know. Sounds like a good way to spend a day.

Missa

Toby said:
Personally, I can't make it on Sunday, but if enough people can, it could be set for that day. I can make it on Monday.

if it is for sure Monday, there is a chance I could make it. when would you need to know? I will be at Hilton Head this weekend and completely out of pocket til Sunday night. if it's Monday I imagine the number of people attending may change though? (I have the day off, it's a holiday).

woodstock said:
if it is for sure Monday, there is a chance I could make it. when would you need to know? I will be at Hilton Head this weekend and completely out of pocket til Sunday night. if it's Monday I imagine the number of people attending may change though? (I have the day off, it's a holiday).

I can do Monday, too. -Skip

Attention all who are considering the fly-in:

I just received the following P-40 alert from AOPA:

==> ATTENTION PILOTS <==

CAMP DAVID TFR TO EXPAND FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
Pilots flying in the Mid-Atlantic area are cautioned that the temporary
flight restriction (TFR) area centered on Prohibited Area P-40, the
presidential retreat at Camp David, Maryland, is expected to grow
larger beginning sometime Friday, January 13, and continuing through
Sunday, January 15.

-Skip

Sorry guys...I'll be in sunny Orlando, FL on Monday........working......

Greg
182RG

Wednesday update - crossposted

I just spoke to the manager at Fiorentino's. The weather as of now does not look good for VFR for Saturday. I told her I will get back to her either tomorrow (Thursday) late afternoon or Friday morning with our plan. The banquet room is already reserved by other groups on Sunday and Monday.

So our options are as follows:

1. IFR pilots and drivers can continue to meet there on Saturday and you will still have the banquet room if you like. I will need an approximate count.

2. Reschedule for Sunday, assuming we will not have 75 people coming. If we have 25 or 30, they can accommodate us in the large dining room. They will NOT be able to handle a very huge group.

3. Same as option #2, but Monday.

Please post your opinions asap. If you cannot make it on Sun. or Mon., let me know that, too. I'm going to have to figure out somehow if we have a small enough group for either of those days. Thanks!

Last edited:
should we start a separate thread, titled, "are you going to fly IFR on Saturday to LNS"? some folks might not read this but what do I know.

or make it a specific poll:

1. I can fly IFR on Saturday
2. I can fly VFR on Sunday.
3. I can fly VFR on Monday.

and count em up?

Re: Wednesday update - crossposted

Toby - I can do either sunday or monday.

Is it an option to do some time other than 12:00 in order to get the room?

CROSS POSTED AOPA

Toby,

Last forecast I checked an hour ago was even mentioning snow late afernoon for the HPN area. It's going to be bad even for IFR (ICGICIP).

I'm with you postponing it. I can Sunday or Monday, whatever the group wants to do.

I really appreciate your hard work putting this thing together. Need any any help, just let me know.

Re: Wednesday update - crossposted

RotaryWingBob said:
Toby - I can do either sunday or monday.

Is it an option to do some time other than 12:00 in order to get the room?
One of the days it's booked at 12, the other day at 1. I didn't ask that question, but I assume each group is going to need it for a couple hours, since they are large groups.

Do you think most people in our group(s) could get there either mid-morning or mid-afternoon? I'll call them back about this option if you think it can be done. I don't think I can manage that from this distance.

Back