North Las Vegas Airport Flight School VGT

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum.

I intend to rent an aircraft from VGT North Las Vegas Airport for a trip over the grand canyon. Need to do my flight review first. Any experience with the following flight schools?

West Air aviation

Elite Aviation

Cheers

Rob

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum.

I intend to rent an aircraft from VGT North Las Vegas Airport for a trip over the grand canyon. Need to do my flight review first. Any experience with the following flight schools?

West Air aviation

Elite Aviation

Cheers

Rob

I fly with West Air Aviation.. Older training 172s and a couple of newer models. Plus T-41B and Aero Commander 114.

If you have not flown in the west before.. prepare for the heat and summer winds. Also study the Grand Canyon VFR chart and restrictions. you just can't "fly over the canyon".

Both flight schools will offer CFI guidance to fly these trips for the inexperienced.

I was out in Las Vegas a couple of years ago just as Elite was setting up shop in a new office. Things were quite a mess and I wondered what I'd gotten myself into. Since I'd scheduled the time, and didn't have a lot of free time, I stuck around. Met with a great CFI who let me do all the flying. He played tour guide and radio operator.
I'd go back there again if I ever make it out there.

Back