GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Twice The Fun In December

Nantucket Christmas Stroll

Saturday, December 5th, 11:00
Meet up: At the Airport Terminal.KACK Nantucket Memorial Airport Nantucket, Massachusetts

The North East Flyers will invade Nantucket to partake of the Christmas Stroll activities. An old-fashioned holiday celebration featuring over 150 decorated Christmas trees throughout town, Victorian carolers, bell-ringers, theatrical productions, craft shows, house tour, Mr. & Mrs. Claus, antique auctions, concerts, art exhibitions, Festival of Trees and much more! Christmas Stroll is part of the month-long celebration, Nantucket Noel, which begins with the official Tree Lighting Ceremony, November 27 and runs through December 31. A wonderful kick-off to the holiday season!

Email: info@nantucketchamber.org
Phone: 508-228-1700

A few couples made it an overight event last year spending the night in Cape Cod then making the hop in the morning to KACK. Reservations were made with the Anchor-In. The Anchor-In information is still listed on the web page. Ferry service to and from the Island is available from Hi-Line Cruises or a number of other companies. Of course why share the fun when you can always make the quick hop yourself.

Anchor-In
One South Street
Hyannis, MA 02601
Tel: 1-508-775-0357
Fax: 1-508-775-1313
Email: info@anchorin.com

Name........# Attending (KACK)................Aircraft/Tail#..................Base

GMascelli...........2 Mary & Gary....................Sundow ner-6708R............KILG (tentative)

----------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 12th - 9:30

Christmas in St Michaels -
KESN Easton/Newnam Field Airport - Easton, Maryland
Meet up: 9:30 - At the Airport (Maryland Air)

You can taxi or rent a car to make the 12 mile drive to St. Michaels. Christmas in St. Michaels is held annually the second weekend in December in historic St. Michaels, Maryland. Both ticketed and free events offer a weekend packed with holiday fun for everyone. 2009 marks the 23rd year for this festive event and you are cordially invited to join in the festivities! Head over to Talbot Street by 10:30 on Saturday morning to enjoy a spirited Christmas parade, the largest parade on the Shore! This parade is famous for the unique participants and the fun that it delivers. It will, once again feature marching bands, instrumental and vocal music of all sorts, costumed characters, vintage boats, cars, and trucks and floats from many local businesses and organizations, and of course, Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive in town just in time to ride their fabulous antique sleigh right through town. But... if we tell you too much, it will spoil the surprise! Just be sure you get a good viewing spot! There will be plenty of Holiday Shopping in Downtown Area.

Name........# Attending (KESN)................Aircraft/Tail#..................Base

Last edited:
Well, since I brought it up, I'm in , but only if the weather is good. Co-pilot won't stand for miserable weather, especially if she has to walk in it.

Name........# Attending (KACK)................Aircraft/Tail#..................Base

GMascelli...........2 Mary & Gary....................Sundowner-6708R............KILG (tentative)
Aztec Driver......2 Bryon and Cheryl...............Twinkie......................S37

GMascelli...........2 Mary & Gary.................Sundowner-6708R............KILG (tentative)
Aztec Driver......2 Bryon and Cheryl...............Twinkie...................... ... S37
Collybus..................?....................... ....Grumman Traveler 9536L.........OWD

Mary and I can not make this event.....plans have changed. We will be spending time in North Carolina instead on the following (4 day) weekend with family...I guess that means no Christmas in St. Michaels either.....<sigh>.....first time we will miss that in 3 years.

Aztec Driver.......2 Bryon and Cheryl...............Twinkie....................... ....S37
SLagonia...........2 Sal/Loretta..................Cessna 177RG..N2729V............KHPN
172av8r......... ..1 or 2...........................Cessna 172...N20172................KASH
Tony Scarpelli....1...............................needs ride from any NE city.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name........# Attending (KESN)................Aircraft/Tail#..................Base
Rams_Law....2+2(Dave, Nancy, Jean, Richie)..C172/N6657H.................KHWV

Last edited:
SLagonia...........2 Sal/Loretta..................Cessna 177RG..N2729V............KHPN
172av8r......... ..1 or 2...........................Cessna 172...N20172................KASH
Tony Scarpelli....1...............................needs ride from any NE city.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rams_Law....2+2(Dave, Nancy, Jean, Richie)..C172/N6657H.................KHWV

I have to back out, too. The ice yesterday put the brakes on a return from Nashville, so I had to take an extra day off. So, I lose Saturday.

Have fun for me.

KACK - Saturday
Cloudy...rain...mainly in the afternoon. Breezy with highs in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Not looking good

You pick the best weekends!! :D

Back