North East Flyers-December Events

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
December Events!

December 6th, Nantucket Christmas Stroll

11:00 meet up at the Airport Terminal, KACK Nantucket Memorial Airport Nantucket, Massachusetts

The North East Flyers will invade Nantucket to partake of the Christmas Stroll activities. Word has it that there will be multiple flying clubs joining in the fun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

December 13th, Christmas In St. Michaels

9:30 meet up time at the Airport (Maryland Air), KESN - Easton/Newnam Field Airport - Easton, Maryland- you can taxi or rent a car to make the 12 mile drive to St. Michaels.

Christmas in St. Michaels is held annually the second weekend in December in historic St. Michaels, Maryland. 2008 marks the 22nd year for this festive event and you are cordially invited to join in the festivities!

:nonod: Not looking great for the return trip. If I didn't have so many meetings on Friday I would bump up one day and be good to go.

KHYA

Saturday
Partly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. West winds 5 to 10 mph...becoming south in the afternoon.

Saturday Night and Sunday
Snow and rain likely. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the lower 30s. Highs in the upper 30s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

I'm concerned as well Gary. Don't want to turn into an ice cube on the return trip.
Clouds look to be off limits Sunday.

Might end up being a day trip. If you think you can swing Friday night let me know and
I'll see about bumping our stay up one day. We'd have to fly down Friday night after work too.

Maybe see you there?

Blue Skies,

Andy

Last edited:
I'm concerned as well Gary. Don't want to turn into an ice cube on the return trip. Clouds look to be off limits Sunday.

Might end up being a day trip. If you think you can swing Friday night let me know and I'll see about bumping our stay up one day. We'd have to fly down Friday night after work too.

Adam,

I need to get night current with one more landing but that in no way makes me proficient. I have meetings all day tomorrow or I would have launced early. I am talking with the boss (my Bride) to see if she can leave early. If so, I'll bag my meetings (yikes) then I'll email you and maybe we can all bump up to friday overnight. I can't see them not having rooms available.

I'll be there w/ the North East Pilots Group. Looking to arrive around 11am. Probably earlier for me based on the crowds that will be flying in. Maybe see you there? Blue Skies, Andy

We hope to make it! If so, see ya' there!!

Adam,

3 Rooms are still available for friday night! :thumbsup:

Mary is on board with a friday 1:30ish departure from KILG. We hope arrive at KHYA around 4pm. The dog is rescheduled, leave slips in, now I need to confirm the rental at HYA.

I PM'ed my numbers to you on the red board, we can coordinate this evening. I'm off to another stinkin' meeting for the next two hours.....I'm not sure what anyone can talk about for two hours at least nothing that makes any sense. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FYI

SPECIAL NOTICE: FAA TO ESTABLISH TFR OVER PHILADELPHIA ON SATURDAY
AOPA is sending this message to advise pilots in and near Philadelphia,
Pennsylvania, that the FAA has issued a notam restricting flight in the area
for president Bush's planned visit on Saturday, December November 6. See AOPA
Online for a graphical depiction of the
temporary flight restriction (TFR)

http://www.aopa.org/images/whatsnew/newsitems/2008/notams/8-2478.gif

Awsome Gary,...

I tried to see if you would pop up on flight aware, but didn't get any hits.

Glad things went well for you. Carefull coming back tomorrow afternoon, just remember to "squalk and talk"

Looking forward to next weekend!

Rob & Becky

Attachments

• Cape Cod 029.jpg
    Cape Cod 029.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Cape Cod 032.jpg
    Cape Cod 032.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 10
  • Cape Cod 070.jpg
    Cape Cod 070.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Gary, glad to see you had a good flight home. I picked you up this afternoon on FlightAware after we cut our christmas tree and set it up (no decorations yet, just standing in the living room smellin good :smile: )

Saw you were turning South, and the followed you the rest of the way. Your groundspeed dropped below 90knots sometimes on the FlightAware info. Glad you made it through the TFR without much trouble.

Lookin forward to next weekend, started planning the trip today a little. Becky's all excited and really looking forward to it.

Lookin Good! Hope we have clear skies comming home tomorrow cause that full moon is great!

I'm all planned and packed. Becky already has her request for me to get Dunkin Donuts coffee on the way. I called Wings today to ask for Preheat and they said they are already planning to pull it into the enclosed hangar tonight. Great group of guys there at the FBO.

Gary, I'll text you when we are moving down to the runup area before we depart.

Time to rest,..

It was a bit nip out but overall it turned out to be a nice day. I did manage to miss the turn going into St. Michaels but got squared away and back on track once I paid more attention.

Poor Jeff was following me and I got us both screwed up. I did manage to find my way back and get in town just in time for the start of the parade. The ladies shopped till they dropped and Rob and I talked aviation all day, good stuff.

Time to work on my blog and wait to pay the pizza guy.....I'm tired.

I am glad you guys had a great time sorry I missed it. Ok three pilots in two cars and no one had a GPS??? LOL

Sounds like it was a fun trip. This NorthEastFlyer was down in Florida visiting my Mama! It was 60 and I went swimmin' in the gulf! We didn't fly the Viking Witch down as we only had a few days and didn't want to spend 7 hours each way of the vacation flying...now that I think about it, we did spend 7 hours each way by the time we drove to KPHL...went through security....laid over in Memphis.....flew to Pensacola.....rented car.....drove to Destin..... Sunofabeach!!!!!!!!!

Back