Norcal training

Raysracer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Larry
Hi. New to the forum

I've been training in Apple Valley (KAPV), but will be moving back to San Mateo next week.

I have 26 hrs in a Beechcraft musketeer. I was hoping to finish by next week, but my instructor won't be available because of a family emergency.

Any recommendations on where and who to finish my training with? I'll prob go with a Piper Warrior. My current instructor says that's the closest to what I'm used to. Closest airports are San Carlos and Palo Alto.

I'm missing my night flying, 2.4 hrs of instruments, and my long solo xcountry.

Thanks in advance.

There are Warriors available for rent at multiple sites at both San Carlos and Palo Alto.

Class B is not a big deal. Don't let it scare you.

There is a long list of instructors for both places.

Any particular instructors you recommend?

There is a long list of instructors for both places.

Any particular instructors you recommend?

Without knowing anything about you, your priorities, or goals?

Flight instructor choice is a very personal thing. One instructor I know is extremely thorough, but that also makes him expensive, for instance. Which is more important? Your personality also has to click, and that requires you to interview.

I'd stick to instructors with a lot of time on the schedule. That will shorten your list a lot, but you'll have to contact the outfit in question.

I agree. That's why I'm kinda bummed that I couldn't finish with my current instructor.

My goal is to finish my PPT. Try different planes and depending on budget, prob buy a plane within the next year.

I'll be starting a job in the Central Valley. I'm considering flying to the different sites for work.

Likely work toward instrument rating sometime next year.

Back