NorCal Meetings Eternal page

Looks interesting. Not sure if I'll have time Saturday.

anyone going to dream machine at KHAF? I might fly in depending on what the marine layer is doing

anyone going to dream machine at KHAF? I might fly in depending on what the marine layer is doing

There is a NOTAM for the airport being closed from 1600Z-2359Z (0900-1659 local), aerial demos.

Edit: The NOTAM says airport closed during that time for pattern work and touch-and-goes. I probably wouldn't fly in due to the aerial demos though...

Last edited:
I logged 1.3 hours in Alaska today. I rented a 172 and we overflew the Knik Glacier and Prince William Sound. Great flight!

Pictures?

Have you got a new plane yet?

7ypypuzu.jpg

ejysydy3.jpg

u8adehav.jpg

My plane just came out of inspection, but I can't complete the sale (of my old plane) until I get back home in a little over a week.

Text me Saturday if you can make it.

Will do but right now I'm probably not going.

There is a NOTAM for the airport being closed from 1600Z-2359Z (0900-1659 local), aerial demos.

Edit: The NOTAM says airport closed during that time for pattern work and touch-and-goes. I probably wouldn't fly in due to the aerial demos though...

Yeah I've flown in to a couple of those, it's a real zoo, but fun. They usually set up a temporary tower to handle traffic. But you can pretty much come and go as you please in between demos.

My plane just came out of inspection, but I can't complete the sale (of my old plane) until I get back home in a little over a week.

Dude that's going to throw me off. I'll have to stop looking for a white 140 on the ramp.

Can't make it. My son is having a birthday party.

CAP is going to be there. Do let me know if the cadets do anything they shouldn't. We've been educating them about the limits of their authority. They are a good bunch of kids, but many of them are quite young and very few of them are pilots (though most have at least been in the 182).

There will be a temporary tower.

I flew to Shelter Cove (0Q5) last weekend and it was fantastic! Here are some pics. Took me little over 2hrs each way in the Piper Warrior with strong headwinds over Santa Rosa but worthwhile trip from Palo Alto.

Attachments

• sheltercoveairport.jpg
    sheltercoveairport.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
  • sheltercovelighthouse.jpg
    sheltercovelighthouse.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 19
I flew to Shelter Cove (0Q5) last weekend and it was fantastic! Here are some pics. Took me little over 2hrs each way in the Piper Warrior with strong headwinds over Santa Rosa but worthwhile trip from Palo Alto.

I love Shelter Cove. It is always worth the trip.

I might head up there Monday or Tuesday, the weather is supposed to get fantastic.

Yep Shelter Cove is awesome and well worth the trip. You can even pitch a tent and camp out by the ocean :)

Yep Shelter Cove is awesome and well worth the trip. You can even pitch a tent and camp out by the ocean :)

I have done the hotel thing a couple of times and also the camping thing. It is actually quite a haul from the parking to the camping for bringing the gear in. Next time will be back to the hotel for me.

So you'll be planeless for a while once the sale completes?

Nice pictures, by the way. We only ever had the chance to take a tour boat of that area years ago.

So you'll be planeless for a while once the sale completes?

Nice pictures, by the way. We only ever had the chance to take a tour boat of that area years ago.

True, I will have to rent for a little while, until I can find something. Hopefully it won't take too long, but there is no sense in rushing into anything.

Alaska is very beautiful. The weather kind of closed in after that, so I am glad we got the flight in.

Cool, Tuesday looks best as far as the weather goes, high pressure and warmer air. Let me know if you are up for it or not.

Probably not going to make it tomorrow. Kind of busy here.

True, I will have to rent for a little while, until I can find something. Hopefully it won't take too long, but there is no sense in rushing into anything. .

You'd look pretty spiffy in a nice little RV John. Of course you'd have to get used to getting places a lot faster and burning less fuel.....:yesnod:

You'd look pretty spiffy in a nice little RV John. Of course you'd have to get used to getting places a lot faster and burning less fuel.....:yesnod:

While I wouldn't mind a little extra speed, I am looking for a true four seater (with some luggage) and better high altitude operations. Fuel isn't a major worry, but I don't think I would want to feed a twin.

Bummer, oh well, sometime soon.
Now I'm trying to decide between Shelter Cove and Oceano.

Well isn't that crazy. I was thinking of going to KHAF for the previous Sunday's Dream Machines and I was planning to go to the Travis air show Sunday but didn't. Avoided two disasters in a row.

Well isn't that crazy. I was thinking of going to KHAF for the previous Sunday's Dream Machines and I was planning to go to the Travis air show Sunday but didn't. Avoided two disasters in a row.

I guess you did...:(
Shelter Cove on the 29th was fanfriggintastic. I'll go back soon.

Attachments

• ShelterCove.jpg
    ShelterCove.jpg
    926.4 KB · Views: 21

Dang, a double whammy for NorCal. The couple of times I met Eddie he was nothing but a super nice guy. He will definitely be missed by many.

My Cherokee is sold and I am officially in the market for another plane, but I will be renting in the mean time. I only have a couple of short business trips the next couple of months, before my projects kick up again, so it is a good time for me to get some flying in.

Dang, a double whammy for NorCal. The couple of times I met Eddie he was nothing but a super nice guy. He will definitely be missed by many.

My Cherokee is sold and I am officially in the market for another plane, but I will be renting in the mean time. I only have a couple of short business trips the next couple of months, before my projects kick up again, so it is a good time for me to get some flying in.

Yeah I was at KHAF once when he was taking his Yak around the pattern. I think he just got it. It was the first time he flew it, and he was getting coached by someone on the ground. Said it flew a lot like a Mustang.

Yeah I was at KHAF once when he was taking his Yak around the pattern. I think he just got it. It was the first time he flew it, and he was getting coached by someone on the ground. Said it flew a lot like a Mustang.

He had quite a stable; the Super Stearman, the Yak, the P51 and the Seneca II.

Lotta lovely aircraft.

Attachments

• Stearman Poster.jpg
    Stearman Poster.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Yak Poster.jpg
    Yak Poster.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 10
  • Mustang Poster.jpg
    Mustang Poster.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
While I wouldn't mind a little extra speed, I am looking for a true four seater (with some luggage) and better high altitude operations. Fuel isn't a major worry, but I don't think I would want to feed a twin.

"Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works!
The Pipistrel Panthera is a highly efficient aircraft developed by Pipistrel of Slovenia who suggest “hybrid and electric aircraft are the future of aviation.” The four-seater holds a cruise speed of 200 knots and a fuel burn of just 10 gallons per hour. The prototype is powered by a Lycoming IO-390 fuel injected engine, but hybrid and electric models are coming soon.
Pipistrel is a three-time winner of the NASA Centennial Challenges and has claimed the highest prize ever awarded in aviation, the Green Flight Challenge 2011."

Attachments

• Panthera.jpg
    Panthera.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 8
Meetup

Thursday

Sunset Fly-In to Livermore (KLVK) Airport for Dinner

Mach Buffet Flying Group

Thursday, May 15, 2014
7:00 PM

Livermore Municipal Airport (LVK)
636 Terminal Circle
Livermore, CA

Are you going?

Yes

No

Wish I could go. Unfortunately, unable to fly Thursday.
I have not flown in 3 weeks due to out of country trip. Feels like I am having withdrawl from not flying so long. I am hoping to go up today or tomorrow.

Feels like I am having withdrawl from not flying so long.

I know the feeling. Been down for an overhaul for 3 months and counting....:sad:

Starting to go back together now:

Attachments

• 20140509_133122.jpg
    20140509_133122.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Another one:

California Aircraft Expo - KSQL

Mach Buffet Flying Group

Friday, May 16, 2014
10:00 AM

Hiller Aviation Museum
601 Skyway Road
San Carlos, CA 94070

Are you going?

Yes

No

Check the TAFs. Too much wind this afternoon. I'll probably do some laps this morning, but 37 knot gusts is over my limit and I'm not going far.

It was. Pretty brutal. Arrow held up but Sac a bit bruised. I did a KHAF run, payed tribute to Eddie Andreini at his hangar, had an awesome lunch and went home.

Shelter Cove on the 29th was fanfriggintastic. I'll go back soon.

That is a flipping awesome picture. This airport is on our list for this year -- never been there.

Meetup

Thursday

Sunset Fly-In to Livermore (KLVK) Airport for Dinner

Mach Buffet Flying Group

Thursday, May 15, 2014
7:00 PM

Livermore Municipal Airport (LVK)
636 Terminal Circle
Livermore, CA

Are you going?

Yes

No
Yeah, I'll meet you guys there, where at, Beebs?

Back