• Little River

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Shelter Cove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half Moon Bay

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
Hi,
Saturday, February 9, 2013. HAF, unless weather prevents, in which case we may change the destination the day before. Meeting on the South ramp near the gate at 11:30. Here is the current roster:

Name Plane
Kimberly (+ one) - Cessna 150 - bright orange
John - John221us (solo) - Cherokee 140 - White with blue trim N9566W
Craig Vincent - Doesn't know plane, yet
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Eric – Aeric (+ one) Cessna 150L, white with red, gray and blue accents
Sacbluesman - wht/blue C152 or C172
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Onwards - 172, tail number 1407U
Jason - white and red Comacnche
Richard - Palmpilot Cutlass, N6410V
John - Clear_Prop N651KC, a maroon/white Archer III
Nick – Goldennixter (+ one) white with blue cessna 172 N5347H probably
Jen (+ one) - 172M white with blue stripes, N80236

Let me know if I missed anyone. I have exchanged contact information with everyone on the list, so far. If anyone new wants to join us, feel free to PM me your cell phone number and I will send you mine.

Hi,
Saturday, February 9, 2013. HAF, unless weather prevents, in which case we may change the destination the day before. Meeting on the South ramp near the gate at 11:30. Here is the current roster:

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ

Let me know if I missed anyone. I have exchanged contact information with everyone on the list, so far. If anyone new wants to join us, feel free to PM me your cell phone number and I will send you mine.

Cool,
Hi,

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ

I was sad when it rained yesterday / today. A while back I heard the whole week was supposed to be nice. Fingers crossed.

A little Rain is not a problem is it? I don't think it's suppose to be foggy or heavily covered. Anyway system supposed to move north today.

Last edited:
It's really difficult to tell. So far the weather looks clear but it's difficult to predict how the marine layer is going to act. Cold inland temps tend to keep it off the coast.

Fog in the valley may be a bigger problem for some people coming from there.

I have done a weather dance and waived the dead chicken around (synthetic, no real chickens have been harmed). We should be good.
4uqa2e7u.jpg

Cool,
Hi,

Name Plane
Craig Vincent - Bonanza N8466N
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ

I have done a weather dance and waived the dead chicken around (synthetic, no real chickens have been harmed). We should be good.
4uqa2e7u.jpg

Is that a fishing lure in that chicken's beak? How did you get that chicken, did you dredge the American River?

Is that a fishing lure in that chicken's beak? How did you get that chicken, did you dredge the American River?

He has been sitting in a box in my office for five or six years (they are useful for solving IT problems).
ahyna3es.jpg

I never realized you were a Santaria priest. I bow down.

Briefer says might be IFR might not. Might be marine layer might not. I'm calling back after 10pm but for now both TAFs say "clear"

Currently at KHAF there is 2600 scattered (I checked since this is about the time we'll be at lunch tomorrow)

TAFs tomorrow call for gusting surface winds when we all go home, mostly straight down the runway, and possibly low level icing and low level turbulence but probably too early to tell.

Kimberly

TAF is for SFO, coast may or may not be similar.

Hi,
I have consulted my synthetic chicken bones (and also the TAF and a couple of weather sites) and it looks like it is a go. Inland (where I am), we have some early morning fog, but it looks like it will clear in time. The coast should be clear all day.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 at HAF. Meeting on the South ramp near the gate at 11:30. Here is the current roster:

Name Plane
Craig Vincent - Bonanza N8466N
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ

So I'm pretty shy when it comes to asking for money.

Last month, at our monthly meeting (the pilots of the Petaluma airport formed a non profit called the Petaluma Area Pilots Association), I was given a task.

They said "Kimberly will sell these in no time flat!" and then they handed me a stack of 10 raffle tickets.

A pilot I brought to the meeting gave me $10 cash and wrote his name and phone number down. I had 9 tickets left at that point.

I put the pile in my wallet and COMPLETELY forgot about the whole incident.

Last night, the president of my Petaluma group calls me. He says he has a list of people who were given raffle tickets. I confess that I have sold none, despite the vice president being so sure that I hang out at airports all the time and could easily raise money.

Then it dawned on me: I'm flying to Half Moon Bay to meet a bunch of pilots!

I'm pretty shy, so I won't push my agenda on you tomorrow, here are the details:

- Raffle tickets, $10 each, 9 left to sell

- Winner does not need to be present to win

- Next drawing is the night of Wednesday, February 13 (next week)

- Only 100 tickets will be sold so you can be assured your chances of winning are good

- They use one of those professional raffle tumbling machines to ensure fairness of the draw and draw it in front of the group at dinner

- Prizes: Your choice, either $500 in AVGAS or $400 in cash.

John,

Can you please put me down for Jen +2? A student pilot friend of mine is coming as well.

John,

Can you please put me down for Jen +2? A student pilot friend of mine is coming as well.

Hi Jen,
No problem, it is not a formal reservation, anyway, Kimberly just gave them heads up with an approximate size for our party and what time to expect us.
John

Hi Jen,
No problem, it is not a formal reservation, anyway, Kimberly just gave them heads up with an approximate size for our party and what time to expect us.
John

That's great. I was not sure as this is my first fly in.

Is anyone else doing the scenic coastal route (weather permitting)?

Yes, that is close to my route, except I am coming from LHM. I usually go REBAS to (a little free form over the bay) SUTRO and then HAF, crossing the GG Bridge.

John and I both fly Pipers, so I thought it was cute with the plane on a stick. I am off to get it laminated so I can use it at future meetings.

PS - yes, the stick is a fuzzy blue pipe cleaner.

Hi Jen,
John

And Kimberly made up a random number. What is the headcount anyway?

I'm in. I plan to use coastal route out of Ccr watch out for me. I will shorten it up from your route but Similar. +2

Back