Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Little River

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Shelter Cove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half Moon Bay

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
The snowshoe thing was last minute. I know a few people going, but I am not commited.

Weather for Petaluma, CA

cloudy.png
50°F | °C
ThuFriSatSun
rain.png
light_rain.png
light_rain.png
light_rain.png
Overcast

Wind: N at 0 mph

Humidity: 100%66°39°68°39°57°30°55°32°
Detailed forecast:The Weather Channel-Weather Underground-AccuWeather

The snowshoe thing was last minute. I know a few people going, but I am not commited.

Yeah but the non aviation sites say Thu / Fri / Sat / Sun equals small picture of a rain cloud with rain drops. You should go, that sounds fun.

And by go I mean go and do non aviation stuff since perhaps this weekend will suck for weather. My latest and greatest thing has been when I have free time I'm helping pilots and mechanics do maintenance on planes. I'm really getting to enjoy it and the more I show up the more "exciting" stuff they give me to do, under supervision of course.

Life is all about showing up, I guess. After two years now at one airport I'm happy to give back and donate my time to help others.

Lincoln looks good. Mendocino shows rain on Saturday and partly cloudy on Sunday.

No bueno. Oh well. I could do something crazy like go and fly three planes (one pattern each) in one day. I feel bad not staying super current in each and with the Piper being so new I'm anxious to get back into it. I don't need perfect weather to stay in the pattern.

The Sac Arrow will be travelling sometime starting around mid February, date not set yet. I'm up for a run to any of the previously mentioned places.

Lodi is a pain in the ass when they are shuttling jumpers. I avoid it (and the general area) as well when jumpers are in operation.

I have a plane setup for the 9th or 10th. So I'm set unless we decide on another weekend altogether.

Kim, I was originally planning to go solo but your more than welcome to come along. Let me know and we can figure out the logistics.

The votes are looking like HAF (I am not sure who voted for what, I guess I should have set the poll up differently). We can plan on the 9th and as we get closer, we can see what the weather is going to favor. HAF sometimes sits under the marine layer, while other sites open up, but this is a good time of year for the coast as long as there aren't any storms. I still like Monterey, but I will go with the majority.

I'll look for you in KHAF. Don't know if anyone is watching the new site and App called Social Flight. This group is going to L45, Bakersfield Muni for lunch at the Rocket (Harmon Rocket) Cafe Saturday and a group of Experimentals are coming up from SoCal same day:

Fly-Out to Bakersfield Muni
Saturday, January 26 12:00 PM
Flight Club will be flying into Bakersfield Muni (L45) for lunch at the Rocket Shop Cafe: www.rocketshopcafe.com All are welcome. Weather permitting. We hope you will join us (Flight Club is made up of pilots from various areas of CA)
Airport Name: Bakersfield Municipal Airport
Event Web: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Flight-Club/159680854135731
Event Venue: Bakersfield Municipal Airport
State: California City: Bakersfield
Contact Name: Jeff Soares
Contact Phone: 8312067761
Contact Mail: luv2fly55w@comcast.net
Organization: Flight Club
Event Type: Fly-in, Food

On a side note from the main fly-in:

Sunday this weekend I might be free. (aka two days from now)

Back to the fly-in:

I scheduled car repairs on Sat, Feb. 9 but they are routine and can be moved. So technically the 10th is better for me but I will not let a little car maintenance get in the way of me attending a fly-in!

Which day will we do?

I have a plane setup for the 9th or 10th. So I'm set unless we decide on another weekend altogether.

Kim, I was originally planning to go solo but your more than welcome to come along. Let me know and we can figure out the logistics.

That sounds great but KHAF is a place I can totally afford to fly to and it will be fun to be PIC. Don't worry I have plans to fly with you in the future, I had fun when you were in my plane the last time.

Kimberly

I'm new to the forums, but certainly like an excuse to go fly somewhere.
Count me in. :D

The votes are looking like HAF (I am not sure who voted for what, I guess I should have set the poll up differently). We can plan on the 9th and as we get closer, we can see what the weather is going to favor. HAF sometimes sits under the marine layer, while other sites open up, but this is a good time of year for the coast as long as there aren't any storms. I still like Monterey, but I will go with the majority.

by "as it gets closer" I assume you mean leave the 10th open as well in case we switch it to the 10th?

What is the agenda? Fly and say hi or have lunch? Lunch on the field or somewhere else? Any other plans / activities? I'm not a huge morning person so I'm guessing breakfast is not going to happen.

Do you want me to post on Meetup?

Kimberly

by "as it gets closer" I assume you mean leave the 10th open as well in case we switch it to the 10th?

What is the agenda? Fly and say hi or have lunch? Lunch on the field or somewhere else? Any other plans / activities? I'm not a huge morning person so I'm guessing breakfast is not going to happen.

Do you want me to post on Meetup?

Kimberly

Well actually, I was thinking the 9th was firm, but if HAF wasn't going to clear by a reasonable time (I am VFR only and I know a few others are), we might consider another location that looks clear (LLR, MRY or somewhere within a reasonable distance). We should be able to make the call the evening before. I would assume that HAF on the 9th is pretty firm, though. I was just looking at having a backup plan.

Edit: We should probably figure on making it for lunch. Breakfast would be tough.

Well actually, I was thinking the 9th was firm, but if HAF wasn't going to clear by a reasonable time (I am VFR only and I know a few others are), we might consider another location that looks clear (LLR, MRY or somewhere within a reasonable distance). We should be able to make the call the evening before. I would assume that HAF on the 9th is pretty firm, though. I was just looking at having a backup plan.

Edit: We should probably figure on making it for lunch. Breakfast would be tough.

Agreed. Now I understand:

Lunch
Saturday, Feb. 9
KHAF
(other coastal destination if needed)

The only place I've been is the brewing company. I have never had food at the place which is supposedly on field or really close. Where do you want to eat and do you think we need reservations?

Kimberly

Agreed. IFR isn't really an option anyway, minimums are too high to do any good.

Agreed. Now I understand:

Lunch
Saturday, Feb. 9
KHAF
(other coastal destination if needed)

The only place I've been is the brewing company. I have never had food at the place which is supposedly on field or really close. Where do you want to eat and do you think we need reservations?

Kimberly

Princeton Seafood Company (in the harbor) is the best and it's rarely that crowded. I don't think the local places take reservations. Maybe the brewing company does.

Airplane reservation made. I have a few people I might bring but since for now I only have a two seater I'm guessing it will be a date / non-pilot.

John - should I post on meetup?

Princeton Seafood Company (in the harbor) is the best and it's rarely that crowded. I don't think the local places take reservations. Maybe the brewing company does.

+1 and they are reasonably priced, as well (others on this board have called me cheap). :lol: I am not, really, but no point in going overboard for lunch.

Go ahead, ask why she is hold faux dead chickens (yes, it does involve voodoo).

Yeah, but she used the chickens in a Santaria ritual beforehand to win the event.

Yeah, but she used the chickens in a Santaria ritual beforehand to win the event.

I was the first girl ever to win. Heck nobody won for like 10 years. You know what they say, the safest place to stand is on the target.

Man, I was just at HAF last weekend. It was stunning.

The 30 Cafe is on the field, and it's pretty good, but there is better stuff in town. I'm partial to Sam's Chowder House, on the other side of the (small) harbor. 30 is good for standard airport comfort food (they do a better job than Sky Kitchen at SQL, and are comparable to the 29er Diner).

But HAF is SO close that it would take me twice as long to fly there as to just drive. MRY is also very close from one of the rentals (I've been using a 182 at WVI), but further from the other (PAO).

A picnic at Angwin would be nice. It's west of Lake Berryessa, in the mountains above St. Helena. There is some hiking and pine forest around there. Not a huge amount of room, and next to nothing on the field (and last I checked, the fuel pump was broken!). Not even a taxiway.... It's on a university campus, but there isn't much evidence of that from the field, aside from an abandoned observatory dome in the middle of it.

I think I can do 2/9 as well. Count me in. Anyone want a ride? I'm based in kccr but don't mind grabbing one or more folks from surrounding airports.

Dates allowed? Or just pilots?

Man, I was just at HAF last weekend. It was stunning.

The 30 Cafe is on the field, and it's pretty good, but there is better stuff in town. I'm partial to Sam's Chowder House, on the other side of the (small) harbor. 30 is good for standard airport comfort food (they do a better job than Sky Kitchen at SQL, and are comparable to the 29er Diner).

But HAF is SO close that it would take me twice as long to fly there as to just drive. MRY is also very close from one of the rentals (I've been using a 182 at WVI), but further from the other (PAO).

A picnic at Angwin would be nice. It's west of Lake Berryessa, in the mountains above St. Helena. There is some hiking and pine forest around there. Not a huge amount of room, and next to nothing on the field (and last I checked, the fuel pump was broken!). Not even a taxiway.... It's on a university campus, but there isn't much evidence of that from the field, aside from an abandoned observatory dome in the middle of it.

We will get these things rolling and do a few more. Angwin is a good idea. Also, when it warms up, maybe Gravelly Valley.

I think I can do 2/9 as well. Count me in. Anyone want a ride? I'm based in kccr but don't mind grabbing one or more folks from surrounding airports.

Dates allowed? Or just pilots?

Dates or anyone you want to bring is fine.

Back