NorCal Flyin 2013 part 2

Vote for a destination

• Total voters
Wow you make me feel better.

Hey, I thought you would be happy that someone got to enjoy it ;). I fought starting issues for about a year. My shop thought it was the starter and then the cables, but a new battery took care of it. I have a quick charger in my hangar. If I hadn't flown in a week or more, I would have to stick it on that for 15 or 20 minutes, so I know your pain.

Wheels up 10ish.ust jumpn in the shower check on battery's. reinstall. Yada yada.

Sad to say, I won't be coming. My parents and brother are coming to visit that weekend now and they aren't really flyers. I'm the only person in my family bitten with that affliction. I'll keep trying for a fly in. Maybe the next one.

Saturday, March 23, 2013. Columbia (O22). Meeting at the pilots lounge at 11:30.

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Cherokee 140 - White with blue trim N9566W
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Eric – Aeric (+ one) Cessna 150L, white with red, gray and blue accents
Sacbluesman - wht/blue C152 or C172
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Onwards - 182, tail number 613WD
Old_Geek - Flight Design CTSW
Patrick
Jen and Mal - Cessna 172M, N80236
Willywildes
Nick - Goldennixter - Maybe
John - Clear_prop - Archer III again, N651KC
Martina + Oliver - German guy - C172 - N1596E, white with blue trim

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Willywildes
Nick
John - Clear_prop
German guy

Anyone joining us; if you PM me your cell number I will send you mine.

Rex posted a BBQ event at the Little River airport for April 20th. Is anyone interested in making this the next Flyin after Columbia (I can do another poll). My plane will probably be down for annual, but there are a couple of planes I can rent.

Dude, I thought your plane just got done with it's annual? But yeah, that's fine. I'm down with that.

Dude, I thought your plane just got done with it's annual? But yeah, that's fine. I'm down with that.

No, it is been a year (almost - I am due in April), but I was down for quite a while, late summer, early fall with that carb issue. My last two annuals took 4 to 5 weeks (ok, not the annual inspection, but the subsequent repairs for all the nitpickers). I hope that doesn't happen this time.

There are lots of things to see in the wine country....

I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and good company. It was a fun day. :)

No, it is been a year (almost - I am due in April), but I was down for quite a while, late summer, early fall with that carb issue. My last two annuals took 4 to 5 weeks (ok, not the annual inspection, but the subsequent repairs for all the nitpickers). I hope that doesn't happen this time.

I enjoyed the beautiful scenery and good company. It was a fun day. :)

I am so glad to be OK with making, and then immediately learning from and correcting, my mistakes. Or improving my flying. Stick and rudder, radio, and much more. I learned a lot and continue to learn every time I fly with a great pilot such as yourself.... thanks for taking the plunge and hopping into my old Skyhawk rental. Good to finally have you as a passenger in one of my rental planes!

I am so glad to be OK with making, and then immediately learning from and correcting, my mistakes. Or improving my flying. Stick and rudder, radio, and much more. I learned a lot and continue to learn every time I fly with a great pilot such as yourself.... thanks for taking the plunge and hopping into my old Skyhawk rental. Good to finally have you as a passenger in one of my rental planes!

Thanks for the flight and introducing me to some of your friends. You are a good pilot and I felt safe flying with you.

Saturday, March 23, 2013. Columbia (O22). Meeting at the pilots lounge at 11:30.

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Patrick
Willywildes

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Willywildes
Nick
John - Clear_prop
German guy

Posting here too:

Please join me this Saturday - would love to meet all of you Pilots Of America Northern California people.

Saturday, March 16, 2013
Breakfast, Spot Landing Contest, BBQ Lunch, Possible Flour Bombing
Oakdale, CA airport (untowered) O27

Details:

EAA Chapter 90 - (O27 Oakdale, Ca) will be hosting a breakfast, followed by a spot landing contest and a BBQ lunch at the Oakdale Airport. From their website, here are the details:

March 16, 2013

9:00am Breakfast - Optional

10:00am Safety Briefing - Mandatory

10:15am Spot Landing contest

12:00pm BBQ Lunch

$20 Entry fee includes BBQ Lunch

$5 Lunch for non-contestants

Videos of landings will be shown during lunch

1:30pm Presentation of trophies, chapter Precision Pilot plaque award

SPOT LANDING CONTEST RULES

- All contestants must attend safety briefing at 10am.
- Target line across runway will be marked with 6 inch tape.
- Line to be displaced at least 500 feet from runway threshold.
- Contestants are not to change flap settings after turn to final.
- Touchdown before line, contestant will be disqualified.
- Distance to be measured from target line to the first touchdown point with no bounce. Contestant will then make a touch and go for second chance, however total distance will be cumulative.
Only two aircraft of similar performance allowed in traffic pattern at the same time.

All transient aircraft have right of way.
Judges decisions are final: NO WHINING!
BE SAFE! FLY THE AIRPLANE AT ALL TIMES!

Top two scores from each EAA club will be added together for bragging rights and EAA Pilot Precision Plaque. See you there!

http://90.eaachapter.org/

http://www.ci.oakdale.ca.us/index.ph...368&Itemid=449

http://www.airnav.com/airport/O27

http://www.aopa.org/airports/O27

I say "possible" flour bombing because I saw it mentioned at one of the above links.

I would, but I'm like super hella jet lagged and probably will be so for the next week. I would not fair well in the flower bombing contest.

It is a spot landing contest (still not sure about the bombing) and I'm probably just gonna watch. I will try to take pictures and / or video too. I don't know how many times in my life I'll get to see spot landings!

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Patrick
Willywildes

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Willywildes
Nick
John - Clear_prop
German guy

Count me in. I might be plus one but for now I'm all alone. The only plane they had was the Piper!

Oliver stole 96E for a bunch of days / weeks (I'm happy for him). That is the plane I normally fly on cross countries.

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Patrick
Willywildes
Kimberly - Super cool Archer

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Willywildes
Nick
John - Clear_prop
German guy
Kimberly

Name Plane
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Patrick
Willywildes
Kimberly & Skyscraper- Super cool Archer

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Willywildes
Nick
John - Clear_prop
German guy
Kimberly & Skyscraper

Note they close at 2pm. So we all say 11:30am again, start walking over around 11:45, and end up at the restaurant roughly Noon (or earlier)?

They serve breakfast and lunch until 2 which is great.

Google Walking says it is only 0.3 miles, or a five minute walk.

I have made this map:

E5bcYJC.jpg

Note they close at 2pm. So we all say 11:30am again, start walking over around 11:45, and end up at the restaurant roughly Noon (or earlier)?

They serve breakfast and lunch until 2 which is great.

Google Walking says it is only 0.3 miles, or a five minute walk.

Patty's sounds good. If you want to explore the State Park, you can come early or stay late. I will probably show up about an hour early to roam around the park for a bit before lunch. I have to head to Santa Barbara afterwards, to pick up my son.

Can anyone tell me if there is cell phone service? Will we be able to text / call each other?

OK so I called the restaurant. They are open on Saturday, 7am - 2pm only.

They need me to call the morning of if we are going to attend around noon so that we don't have to wait too long for a table.

Let's touch base on this thread the morning of Saturday - let me know if you are all coming or not coming based on weather from your home airport.

They take cash, and "everything but American Express" so I'd say plan on cash, Visa, and Mastercard only.

Unlike our last place, they sound like they can split up the bill multiple times if needed.

I have a rough count of 18 so far, based on a quick glance at John's list (above) but I note some on the list do not mention number of passengers.

If your number is not right on John's list or you are bringing someone, please let me know. 18 is a really big party for this restaurant on a busy Saturday but they said they will manage!

Back