NorCal Flyin 2013 part 2

Vote for a destination

• Total voters
How did I get signed up - I voted for Harris Ranch..... :confused:

Columbia is fine, see ya'll there. We acutally have the West Coast Canard fly-in there in June so am very familiar with the field.

Attachments

• DSCF1374.JPG
    DSCF1374.JPG
    453.1 KB · Views: 17
How did I get signed up - I voted for Harris Ranch..... :confused:

Columbia is fine, see ya'll there. We acutally have the West Coast Canard fly-in there in June so am very familiar with the field.

That was me. I just assumed you were up for anything. :D

I gotta gig early that Saturday evening in Santa Clara. Not a good idea to leave town then.

Maybe have a fly-in at KSJC? We can all hang out at the FSDO. :)

Monterey is a close second for me.

I actually love Monterey. Two weeks ago I flew there twice. On the second trip, Del Monte Aviation offered me my first crew car which was freaking amazing. I fly to KMRY more than any other airport because we have annual passes to the aquarium and our girls love it down there. I would like to do some more costal flyin's while we still have the nice winter weather. I have never been to shelter cove or little river so I will be voting for one of them next time. Anyway...

Please put Mal and myself down for Columbia. We love that airport and we will make a weekend of it. Cessna 172M, N80236

I'll be there, put me down for me and one other, and we'll be coming in my plane (613WD).

Almost 70° this Saturday, anybody up for Bebe's at Livermore or the Cafe at Auburn, or to make a first report on the one at Watsonville? Sac Exec has an OK restaurant on the field too.....

Almost 70° this Saturday, anybody up for Bebe's at Livermore or the Cafe at Auburn, or to make a first report on the one at Watsonville? Sac Exec has an OK restaurant on the field too.....

Funny I might be eating lunch at livermore this weekend at Bebe's but not on Saturday. I don't think the pilot is on POA nor do I have his prior permission to post what we are doing so I'll send you a PM. Regardless, we probably won't be able to hang out.

Kimberly

I might be able to do it. I can't stay out too late on Saturday. My son is coming in for my birthday party that evening and I may need to help with the party. I probably won't know for a couple of days. Auburn is too close, but the others are OK (maybe not Exec).

looks like I'll miss this trip, Im going to be in Tahoe the weekend of the 23rd

looks like I'll miss this trip, Im going to be in Tahoe the weekend of the 23rd

Well heck, Jason, that is an easy hop, if you take the plane with you ;). We'll catch you on the next one, then and it looks like we might have some last minute ones here and there with some of us that have nothing better to do.

That's the weekend my spring break starts, I might be all over the place, so I probably won't know for certain until time comes closer.

N

John, Nothing better to do. What is better to do than flying. I only know of two things!:D

I might be able to do it. I can't stay out too late on Saturday. My son is coming in for my birthday party that evening and I may need to help with the party. I probably won't know for a couple of days. Auburn is too close, but the others are OK (maybe not Exec).
Beeb's on Saturday works for me. How's noon, or just after?

Say Watsonville for an early lunch this Saturday (2/16)?
11:30 again?
:stirpot:

Last edited:
I'm in for Columbia, assuming my schedule doesn't change between now and then.

I've got the Archer III again, N651KC.

I voted Little River just because it's the only one I haven't been to yet. The others I've been to multiple times. I'm OK with whatever though, I just like to go flying and they're all great places.

I voted Little River just because it's the only one I haven't been to yet. The others I've been to multiple times. I'm OK with whatever though, I just like to go flying and they're all great places.

I have been to LLR quite a bit, but never get tired of it. You do need to take Rex's shuttle to town (7 miles to Mendocino) which works best for smaller groups (his ban only holds 6, I think).

Edit: I guess I shouldn't be posting before 6 am.

Last edited:
I have been to LLR quite a bit, but never get tired of it. You do need to take Rex's shuttle to town (7 miles to Mendocino) which works best for smaller groups (his ban only holds 6, I think).

I don't really care either way, I'm up for a flight anywhere if I have the time.

I'm sure Obar can make a couple runs with his ban if necessary.

LLR is a cool place for sure. I was a guest in Rex's ban as well. Not a bad deal for a smaller group.

Hi,
Saturday, March 23, 2013. Columbia (O22). Meeting at the pilots lounge at 11:30.

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Cherokee 140 - White with blue trim N9566W
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Eric – Aeric (+ one) Cessna 150L, white with red, gray and blue accents
Sacbluesman - wht/blue C152 or C172
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Onwards - 172, tail number 613WD
Old_Geek - Flight Design CTSW
Patrick
Jen and Mal - Cessna 172M, N80236
Willywildes
Nick - Goldennixter - Maybe
John - Clear_prop - Archer III again, N651KC
Dave - Dav8or - Mooney M20F

I have contact info for:
Sac Arrow
Eric
Sacbluesman
Aviatingfool
Onwards
Patrick
Jen
Nick
John - Clear_prop

Let me know if I missed anyone. If anyone new wants to join us, feel free to PM me your cell phone number and I will send you mine.

John, 613WD is a 182... not that it matters that much, but hey :)

It matters if you are trying to stuff four adults in it. :yesnod: I will get that fixed on the next post. I have been trying to post once a day, just so I don't overrun the thread with updates.

Beeb's on Saturday works for me. How's noon, or just after?

I'm working a 12 hour shift this Saturday so I cannot make it. I will let Mal know. Maybe he will bring our kids. Does anyone ever bring their children? Ours are 7 and 15.

I'm working a 12 hour shift this Saturday so I cannot make it. I will let Mal know. Maybe he will bring our kids. Does anyone ever bring their children? Ours are 7 and 15.

I have seen that, yet, but things usually stay pretty G rated, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Up to page 3 already! John, hope your family in Big Bear is out of the way...!

Didn't know if any of you are interested in this website:
http://maps.avnwx.com/

Type in your home field and a radius, zoom into where you can see what you want clearly. I set, under weather, TAFS, METARS, Winds Aloft and TFRs. And I use terrain as a background (under view> set map background).

It provides in 5 seconds a view of the conditions all around to see where the fog is, where the ceilings are etc. Hover over a colored airport icon and get the METAR, click for more.

Hope this is useful.
PS: works horrible on small android screen....works best on Chrome.

I've brought my kids to some the fly-ins the Meetup group organized. I've only been to one POA fly-in so far. Mine are 13/11/11.

That's the plane that used to belong to Oakland Flyers isn't it? I have many hours in that plane years ago. Good to know it's still travelin'.:)

Things are way too crazy right now for me to know about March. Hopefully I can go or at least buy someone lunch and hitch a ride with them.

I can't make it this Saturday, I will be in full uniform at Coast Guard Island attending a mandatory training class for my aviation adventures with the Auxiliary. I probably won't be fully qualified for my training flights until May of this year and even then I need 10 hours of flights and an oral exam.

Hello everybody,

my wife Martina and I are so excited that the flyin will take place while are are in California. :goofy:
Please count us in.

The updated list:

Saturday, March 23, 2013. Columbia (O22). Meeting at the pilots lounge at 11:30.

Name Plane
John - John221us (solo) - Cherokee 140 - White with blue trim N9566W
Sac Arrow - Arrow
Eric – Aeric (+ one) Cessna 150L, white with red, gray and blue accents
Sacbluesman - wht/blue C152 or C172
Aviatingfool - Long EZ
Onwards - 172, tail number 613WD
Old_Geek - Flight Design CTSW
Patrick
Jen and Mal - Cessna 172M, N80236
Willywildes
Nick - Goldennixter - Maybe