Non-Equity partner, SoCal

3 in the green

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
c170b
I'm going out on a limb here.

I'm tired of renting, competing with students for the aircraft, seeing the rentals get beat to death and many not well taken care of - but the family isn't quite prepared for aircraft ownership yet.

So, I am offering myself out :D as a non-equity partner if any owners are interested in such an arrangement. I will pay a monthly fee, dry rate, and my share of insurance - or however you wish to arrange. In return, your aircraft will get flown more often which we all know aircraft don't like to sit. I'm a very flexible and easy-going guy, scheduling issues don't concern me.

I treat rentals as if they were my own, so you can bet that I will take good care of your machine. Hell I will even wash it because it's what I would do to mine.

Looking in the C172/C182/PA-28/Tiger/DA40/etc category (ie. 4 place fixed gear).

Let me know if any of you savvy owners are interested...PM me.

KSNA
KAJO
KRAL
KCNO
F70

Thanks! :D

PS. There aren't really any decent flying clubs in my area. Riverside has one, but pricing is steep. Fly Corona also has one starting, but they only have a Debonair and it's still part of the rental lineup and is priced the same as the DA40 I rent.

Last edited:
Me too kind of post :)
My situation is very similar to OP's. I'm getting ready for instrumental check ride in couple weeks. For family trips I'm renting C182 which is a great plane for my mission but has one com, one nav, no GPS and not IFR certified. The school owner don't plan to upgrade panel any time soon. So I cannot take this plane to IMC and my IR will not help me much on my trips.
I looked for partnerships and clubs in the area and didn't find anything that works for me. Clubs at KPAO are very expensive with ridiculous checkout requirements. Schools at KRHV don't offer much of XC planes.
Most of my flying is family day trips on weekends. Sometimes couple days trips.
Just like OP I'm easy going, treat other's property like my own and flexible when it comes to scheduling. I have a bit over 200 total hours, around 25 hours in retract (C172RG) and 25 in high performance (C182).

I'm in Northern California, South Bay area - KSJC, KRHV, KPAO.
Looking for IFR certified 4 or 6 seater, retractable or fixed gear.
Please PM if interested in partner to split cost and make your plane fly more.

I am doing the same thing right now with the owner of a 152 who is in the military and deployed. I pay him $25/hr dry plus the cost of insurance. So far it is working out to be an excellent deal for both of us.

Starting next month i'll be doing the same thing with the owner of a nice cub.

If the owner's airplane has an open pilot clause, your best bet is to purchase renter's insurance and fly under the open pilot clause. (Usually)

No, LGB is too far out of the way.... SNA is on my list because it's close to the office, but I live out in AJO/RAL/F70 land.

Have you checked out Long Beach flying club?

Dang, their rates are very reasonable. What I pay for a 172SP / DA40 now is their fee is for a Cherokee Six! :hairraise:

That said, and pardon my ignorance here, but how is this place different from any other 'rental' place? I'm looking for arrangements that won't put me up against a large student/rental base - like non-equity partnerships where it's you and the owners and maybe a few others - or limited space flying clubs.

Last edited:
Foothill flying club at KCCB, in Upland has a nice variety at reasonable rates. Good luck, otherwise.

Back