No wonder I could never pass the ishara test

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
You have to click on the pic for it to work.
Here is the text:

If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see one color, pink.

If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green.

Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating.

It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see.

cool stuff! =) .. i didn't believe you at first .. i opened it up in an animated gif editor to make sure there wasn't any green coloring lol ... that's pretty neat.

It's not that I'm a skeptic or anything, but I saved the image and looked at the animation with ImageReady. It's nothing but pink dots. Pretty cool stuff.
[edit]
LOL... Mike, I just read your post. Great minds........

Let'sgoflying! said:
What? Is it bogus or not?
No, not at all. The gif animation is of 12 panels, each with a single pink 'dot' missing. It's really a cool effect. Here are the panels.

I need a bionic eye, this stuff is scarey wierd. Thanks for the links, very informative and entertaining.

Back