No user fees in compromise bill

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=al2zrlr93x1M

This bill looks like a compromise with the Aviation Subcommittee and the Senate Finance Committee. It increases business jet fuel taxes by 65%. I think this was the acceptable compromise Phil Boyer spoke about at this week's AOPA Pilot Town Meeting here in Wisconsin.

And Rockefeller is an idiot.

Of course they'll still have work with the House since their bill is different. I wouldn't be surprised if that tax is modified or eliminated again....

AOPA, EAA, etc. really have done a great job here, IMO.

-Felix

We get repeat this is another 5 years. Of course by then NO ONE will like the airlines and the general public will know how cool VLJs are.

Let's hope they don't think that nobody should have a VLJ. Let's hope Honda does a good job marketing the Honda Jet.

We get repeat this is another 5 years. Of course by then NO ONE will like the airlines and the general public will know how cool VLJs are.

Let's hope they don't think that nobody should have a VLJ. Let's hope Honda does a good job marketing the Honda Jet.

Especially if the airlines repeat over and over that the tax (on them) must be cut, but the public sees only increases in the ticket price.

I am cautiously optimistic, but really hope this is the way it plays out.

It appears the recent spate of FAA issues with airline safety may have been the saving item here. What an odd twist of fate that is...

Way to go Phil Boyer, the entire AOPA team, and the alphabet soup that got together on this issue!!!

Back