No pilots west of the Mississippi?

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Howdy, Pardner!
The Coast-to-Coast fly for FREE chain is missing a few links. Most of the missing links are west of the Mississippi.
So if you are a pilot willing to give a ride to a complete stranger who doesn't smell too bad, read on.
Rob! from NYC is going to take a Maine lobster to Dean on his way to LA. There is no real reason for Rob! to go to LA, except to meet a bunch of cool POA flyers along the way.
Any pilot who participates in this important event will be nationally famous. Katie Couric will interview you and Cessna will give you a Mustang jet to show their appreciation. A book deal is not out of the question.
Bob C. may call in sick to help this chain, but don't tell his boss. As part of your book deal, you must refer to him as "Deep Throat" so his cover will not be blown.
The Southern Pilots thought they were going to be left out, but we re-routed the southern (return) chain through Chattanooga to keep them happy.
Therefore, if you are a cool POA flyer and want to uphold this symbolic journey of liberty, click on the "Fly Coast-to-Coast for FREE" thread and post a reply.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

I was all over this like a hound dog on a pork chop until you said this....
ApacheBob said:
Katie Couric will interview you
:vomit:

Why does everyone avoid Michigan on their flights?

N2212R said:
Why does everyone avoid Michigan on their flights?

Can't fly singles over the Great Lakes, engines stop and the wings fall off and everyone drowns. :(

I'll fly the link between Montana and the Washington State coast...

Ed,
If you join the Fly Coast-to-Coast for FREE party, we will fly into Michigan. Check the thread for your note.
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Two links are missing going Westbound. Gunnison, Colorado to Las Vegas is one. And we need someone to go from WICHITA, Kansas to Goodland, KS.

The chain is almost complete!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Deep Throat? humm should I back out now or wait to tell Bob A. I won't do it. Bob I adjusted my Friday to fit the schedule so I will be able to fly Rob to UNV. I may be able to fly to CLE. Is that your home base? If not could we stay out of a class B airport? FYI, I am the boss and if I could do that, never mind lol.

Bob

Doesn't Burke nail you for a $35 landing fee?

We have two gaps in the westbound chain: KPTS (Pittsburg, KS) to KGLD (Goodland, KS) on Saturday, October 7. The other gap is KCNY (Moab, UT) to KVGT (North Las Vegas, Nevada).
Thanks for the tip. We will use Cleveland KCGF instead of KBKL (Burke-Lakefront).
Ed has been invited to fly from KBTL to KGYY on Friday, October 6. Michigan will be proud!:blueplane:

Other than that...THE CHAIN IS COMPLETE!

GIDDY-UP!
ApacheBob

A good stop in the CLE area is 1G5 which is Medina County Airport. Eventhough, it's in (under class B) south of Hopkins its very easy to get in and out. I've always had good service from Cleveland Apph. SS fuel 24 hrs. FBO closes around 8 p.m.

Back