No performance charts in POH?

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I'm getting checked out in an Arrow (1969 model) not an Arrow II or later, but the early one. The POH doesn't have any performance charts.

Is there someplace where I can find landing/takeoff distances and the other info that normally shows in those charts? I know that some older POHs just didn't have that information published, but is there anywhere to find it?

Thanks.

There are two manuals for a 1969 Arrow, and neither is a "Pilot's Operating Handbook." There is an Approved Flight Manual of about 18 pages which applies to that specific airplane by s/n, and includes W&B data, equipment list, instrument markings, operating limitations, placards, etc. There is also an Owner's Manual which includes descriptive data, normal operating procedures, servicing information, and performance data. Which one are you looking at? Note that the airplane is not legal to fly without the AFM, but the Owner's Manual is not directly required for flight. If you don't have the Owner's Manual, you can get one from a number of sources on line, including ESSCO:
http://www.esscoaircraft.com/p-5683-piper-pa28r-200-arrow-1969-owners-manual.aspx
If you're in a hurry, you can even download it (for the same price, of course).

Last edited:
Was there a particular year when the "POH" was required vs the other styles of manuals? I typically try to get a copy, usually from Essco, of the manual for my own use for each of the planes I rent. I've seen some pretty good standardization on newer years, but not on those from some older ones.

IIRC, somewhere around 1978 or 1979. However I think it may be manufacturer dependent.

Was there a particular year when the "POH" was required vs the other styles of manuals? I typically try to get a copy, usually from Essco, of the manual for my own use for each of the planes I rent. I've seen some pretty good standardization on newer years, but not on those from some older ones.
The FAA regulation requiring the standardized POH took effect with aircraft which first flew on or after March 1, 1979.

Last edited:
PA28R-180 Owner's Handbook

There are definitely performance charts in there. If you need a decent checklist, I can send you the one I made.

By the way, there was a brief period where the Arrow-sans-roman-numeral was available with the 200HP engine. Make sure you get the right one.

PA28R-180 Owner's Handbook

There are definitely performance charts in there. If you need a decent checklist, I can send you the one I made.

By the way, there was a brief period where the Arrow-sans-roman-numeral was available with the 200HP engine. Make sure you get the right one.

That's the book/info that I'm missing. And yes, I am looking for the PA28R-200 Arrow. I ordered it about an hour ago.

That's the book/info that I'm missing. And yes, I am looking for the PA28R-200 Arrow. I ordered it about an hour ago.
Then what he posted is not the version of the book you need -- the one he posted is the 180HP version.

Then what he posted is not the version of the book you need -- the one he posted is the 180HP version.

Yeah - I know. What he posted was the type of info that i need. I did get the book for the -200.

Back