No oil temperature?

itsjames2011

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
James
I had a new ki-214 installed in my plane yesterday and now all of a sudden my oil temp gauge is not working. Is it possible that it just came on hooked to win the avionics guy was reaching behind the panel to get the indicator out? What would be the right course of self diagnosis before calling a mechanic? Everything else in that 6 instrument cluster works fine. Here is a picture of my panel.

j8jh3r.jpg

Have to tried starting the engine?

Looking at the picture I was noting there was also no oil pressure or fuel pressure and the generator crumped, and also the vacuum pump, and then I noticed the RPMs at zero.

It's quite possible he knocked the connector lose or managed to yank the wires out of the connector. I think you need a new avionics guy if that is an indication of his ability to replace the VOR head. Seems to have forgotten to put the screws back in it.

Should be relatively apparent what is going on if you get upside down under the panel there.

Looking at the picture I was noting there was also no oil pressure or fuel pressure and the generator crumped, and also the vacuum pump, and then I noticed the RPMs at zero.

It's quite possible he knocked the connector lose or managed to yank the wires out of the connector. I think you need a new avionics guy if that is an indication of his ability to replace the VOR head. Seems to have forgotten to put the screws back in it.

Should be relatively apparent what is going on if you get upside down under the panel there.

That photo was taken during the installation but you are correct, the connector was completely knocked off. For once it was a nice simple problem :)

Back