No Longer able to post attachments?

jsstevens

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
jsstevens
As of last week I could post attachments, but today it's not allowed. I'd give you a screen shot, but...

I can't think of a reason why that would be. Can you try again, perhaps from another IP address?

f9cc0a1526e3e80b6a3f8d0ce06a1be4.jpg

Test using tapatalk on iPhone 5s

I'm currently using Safari and the normal web interface.

And now, scrolling down I am permitted to again. :dunno:

John

OK, now it lets me get to the manage attachments window, and I can choose a file, but the upload fails. It is a 2.4MB .jpg file so it should work.

John

Even though there isn't a max file size listed there may be one. I just tried a large jpg file which did not work. Try resizing your image and see if that works.

Sounds like a php.ini setting that didn't migrate with the server move...

By default, php.ini within Apache has a very, very limited file size (I think it is 2MB). Easy fix, but Jason'll have to do it.

I just tried again to post pics...

Nothing has changed in my computer for a few years...

This is the message I now get...

vBulletin Message
Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

attachment.php

Small images work but I couldn't tell you what the size limit is. This one is 411kb.

Same for me. I was not allowed to post pictures anymore. Still doesn't work.

Testing. Helloooo. Seems to work for me now, wasn't working earlier.

Some pics work... Most don't....
Must be a file limit now since POA's new server was brought online..:dunno:

OSH display.jpg:
Upload of file failed.

Sounds like a php.ini setting that didn't migrate with the server move...

By default, php.ini within Apache has a very, very limited file size (I think it is 2MB). Easy fix, but Jason'll have to do it.

Bingo. Should be fixed now. Max size now set to 8MB

Try now. Any file under 8 MB.

Nope...

I still get this message...

vBulletin Message

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Nope...

I still get this message...

vBulletin Message

Do you have another browser installed? I'd like you to try a different browser. Or clear your cache in your current browser. So far this problem seems limited to you.

Do you have another browser installed? I'd like you to try a different browser. Or clear your cache in your current browser. So far this problem seems limited to you.

Here is a try using Chrome..

Chrome killed this attempt of my fueling rig...

Chrome killed this attempt of my fueling rig...

You can only upload 8mb in one upload. Are you trying to do more than that?

Before I could bundle several pics....

I can now post pics but it looks like a file size limit.....

Thanks Jason... I will just post single pics...

I may revisit that. It is smaller than the old server. But other changes are coming soon...so it may be a moot point in a couple of weeks.

Thanks buddy for all the mods work to keep POA alive...:):)..

This is an attempt using Firefox again with a single fueling rig pic..

U should DECREASE the max file size.....one meg is too big.

Works now. Thanks Jason et. al.

FYI, there are free online picture resolution reduction sites (google image resize). For posting here, I reduce to 800 pixels width. I used the one below successfully. Note that they only host the resized image for 15 minutes so you must download it within that 15 minutes and host it elsewhere or upload it as an attachment.

http://www.picresize.com/

Last edited:
Back