No injuries after plane lands on Scottsdale golf course

the nicest and my favorite golf course I’ve ever played is in Scottsdale. well just north of Scottsdale.

relevancy level? zero.

I have considered doing that after I have landed my glider in a field next to a road.

Take the wings off and lay them in random locations around the glider while I wait for my retrieve crew to arrive.

But then I have had the Police, Ambulance, and Fire Truck show up after an ultra light was reported crashed in the field.
Really I had walked across the street to the convenience store and bought myself a a sandwich to and was leaning up against the plane eating lunch when they showed up.
upload_2023-3-23_17-27-55.png

Brian
C

I keep a sharp eye out for golf courses in bravo airspace. They seem like a natural go-to versus congested roads if an airport can't be made. I fly into the Dallas airspace single engine regularly and engine out options are sketchy.

I have considered doing that after I have landed my glider in a field next to a road.

Take the wings off and lay them in random locations around the glider while I wait for my retrieve crew to arrive.

But then I have had the Police, Ambulance, and Fire Truck show up after an ultra light was reported crashed in the field.
Really I had walked across the street to the convenience store and bought myself a a sandwich to and was leaning up against the plane eating lunch when they showed up.
View attachment 116019

Brian
C
Have a buddy that flies a seaplane in the Austin TX area and the same thing happens to him and police reports. I don't blame people as it's seems like a crash for non-aviation folks. Buddy now calls the Sheriff and gives them his landing areas so they can be aware. I'm envious regarding your glider flying and will eventually give it a shot.

Back