No Fly Ins This Weekend?

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Can't believe its finally such a great weekend and no one has organized a fly in lunch? My wife told me to organize one but I'm out of ideas!

Mike, Scott, Ed?

I am in Florida this weekend otherwise.... I am having dinner with Grant and Leslie later. Anyone else in Tampa we are going to meet at the Columbia in Ybor at around 5pm. I have a reservation but I am sure we can add a couple of more.

I'm sitting here 5 minutes from the airport looking at the clear blue skies and I still don't have time to mess with flying. *sigh* That'll change.

Been at the airport since 8:30 this morning helping dad with the condition inspection on the plane. I can't believe how few people were out flying! We got to a point where we "need to take the plane out and... uhhh... make sure we got the wheels back on tight enough" ;) So we went up, did some pattern work, helped dad figure out how to land the bird from the right seat. We must have gotten people stirred up b/c when we finally did a full-stop there were 3-4 planes taxiing out and buzzing around.

We were out yesterday making sure we scratched one of our day trip destinations off the list. :yes:

I would have loved to be flying today but had baseball practice....one of the dads asked how the flying was going, I said fine having a blast. He said one can't help notice that I look up everytime a small plane flys overhead. Hmmmmm..that obvious eh? :dunno:

Anyone want to meet for lunch anywhere in the Mid-Atlantic region at noon tomorrow (Sunday) 3/11 (and remember to set your clock forward!), just post the location. As you may have guessed, I'm home and eager to put some time on the Tiger.

Is Lakelawn open?
Morris has reopened....
I'll be out with my student....he soloed today. He may want to go to lunch!

I am in Florida this weekend otherwise.... I am having dinner with Grant and Leslie later. Anyone else in Tampa we are going to meet at the Columbia in Ybor at around 5pm. I have a reservation but I am sure we can add a couple of more.
We had a great dinner at the Columbia with Scott and his step-father Bob. We took some pictures, but I neglected to bring a USB cable so, unless I break down and purchase one, I won't be able to upload them until late Tuesday night.

Edit: I wasn't aware of Lakelawn being closed either. I did hear at an EAA meeting last week that a restaurant was re-opening at the Morris airport. I know that Cafe Cabaret had relocated to the Holiday Inn, so I don't know if the reopened restaurant is the same crew/management or another.

Last edited:
I was not aware of Lakelawn being closed I was there a couple of months ago and it was as it has been.

I think the runway at Lake Lawn is often NOTAMed closed so any risk is on he/she who lands anyway. Hopefully, there won't be an official already there to greet you.

Anyone in the midwest (within a couple hrs of 9D9) call me, I'm up for lunch on Sunday. If I yell when I answer, you proably just woke me up. :)

Last edited:
Sa-weeeet! :goofy: I think we should go there next weekend! :yes:

What Kent's really trying to say is, he needs something flying-related to make me jealous while I'm in Utah flying a Diamond Twinstar next weekend. :D

Last edited:
What Kent's really trying to say is, he needs something flying-related to make me jealous while I'm in Utah flying a Diamond Twinstar next weekend. :D

Oh sure, rub it in. :p

Naah, I need to do SOMETHING in the air next weekend 'cuz it'll be my only chance to fly a club plane this month. Since the first $40 of flying in a month is free with our club, I'd hate to waste it! I'm at 26 consecutive months of taking advantage of the flying credit, and I sure as heck don't plan to stop now. :no:

You know, the local Diamond dealer promised me a ride in the TwinStar at a safety seminar back in January, but I haven't heard from him to make arrangements. Maybe I'll go to Morris the weekend to commiserate with Kent! LOL

You know, the local Diamond dealer promised me a ride in the TwinStar at a safety seminar back in January, but I haven't heard from him to make arrangements. Maybe I'll go to Morris the weekend to commiserate with Kent! LOL

Grant,

they are having an open house with a TwinStar at Indy Metro this weekend... I'm planning on stopping by to check them out since I've never seen a Diamond in person.

Doesn't say anything about giving rides, but who knows...

Sunday the 18th looks like it might be better weather.

ill be in Rockford this weekend...not sure if I'll be leaving Rockford though. Would be more than happy to meet you folks if you came there though.

ill be in Rockford this weekend...not sure if I'll be leaving Rockford though. Would be more than happy to meet you folks if you came there though.

Tony,

I'd be happy to pick you and Leah up at RFD and bring you along! :yes:

Dad and I will be there, he just doesn't know it yet. Or that the engine is going to quit right over Morris just shy of our "destination"

I'm going to try to get a plane from 10 - 4. I'll put a few more hours on it. If I can't get one for that long, I'll be a little late and will leave a little early or will DRIVE there! :hairraise:

Leah and I are in. Kent - email/PM/call me with what time you want to pick us up. RFD is closest to Leah's place. Unless of course you need to drop one of those monster checks from the club off at Poplar Grove ;)

As Barry posted in another thread, Sunday's weather is taking a nosedive, so he's proposed moving to Saturday. Leslie and I plan to be there, then we'll do dinner up at Steakfire in Watertown, WI around 6:00.

leah and I dont care what day, but Kent can only pick us up Sunday. Lets ride it out, forecast doesnt look that bad...

Back