No. 755

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
It happened. Top of the 2nd. 2-1 count. Clay Hensley.

So, did the crowd boo? God, please tell me they booed.

I'll give credit to the guy, as it takes a high level of talent (steroids or not) to hit that many home runs (as far as I'm aware, steroids don't help your hand/eye coordination). BUT, it goes without saying that I have a LOT more respect for Hank Aaron's accomplishment than I do for Bonds.

Last edited:
So, did the crowd boo? God, please tell me they booed.

it was hard to tell... I flipped the game on to see if he did it, and low and behold he did. Many people were standing as he circled the bases, and I heard alot of cheering. I'm sure there were some boos in there as well, but it was hard to tell.

After the half inning was over and when Bonds went out to LF, a bunch of people were holding up signs with a * on them.

It really is kinda sad, such a great record is about to get broken, and all anybody is talking about is what he "allegedly" did... :(

Last edited:
I'll give credit to the guy, as it takes a high level of talent (steroids or not) to hit that many home runs (as far as I'm aware, steroids don't help your hand/eye coordination). BUT, it goes without saying that I have a LOT more respect for Hank Aaron's accomplishment than I do for Bonds.
That's right, I have full respect for his batting average. I have no respect for his home run record.

Boo. Hiss.

I have the Giants game on now. I found it quite funny the first time I see a particular public service advertisement is during a game with Bonds. It was a PSA speaking against steroids. It showed a baseball, football, soccer ball and basketball. Each was shrunk down to a minuscule size during the commercial until the basketball where the announcer said something to the effect, "...and it can cause other problems for a guy." During that line, the basketball shrunk down to nearly nothing.

I rather doubt Bob Costas has such a problem.

I loved that article on The Onion - guy holding up a sign saying, "Barry, we're relatively proud of you!"

I don't see what all the big deal is. So he is about to become the person with the second most home runs in professional baseball. He still has over a 100 to go until he breaks the record of 868 home runs

I don't see what all the big deal is. So he is about to become the person with the second most home runs in professional baseball. He still has over a 100 to go until he breaks the record of 868 home runs

Weren't Japanese fences shorter than American fences at the time?

So were the players.

and what's the word for it... mmm... oh yeah, less talented.... sure some of the best Japanese players have made their mark here, but by and large, the talent isn't quite the same...

I give you Tuffy Rhodes, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuffy_Rhodes

Utility player in the US (who did hit 3 HR's on Opening day for the Cubs in 1994), but in Japan, he has the most HR's of any Foreign born player.

He did it... for what it's worth. Homerun #756

By Barry Bonds*

Wait a second, you're not proposing an......asterisk are you? :D

No, I am not. I am just saying that the 848 is simply attained under a different talent level, and a different playing environment. Just like minor league records. Both professional baseball - both are records, but no one know who Joe Wilhoit is, or Joe Bauman, or Bob Crues, or Ron Necciai.

You don't see asterisks next to Joe Dimaggio's name, or Hack Wilson's, or Roger Clemens' or Kerry Wood's.

Back