Niiiice looking Stinson!

Price posted in the upper right hand corner is $49,500. Way too expensive but he'll need it to get his money back. I've seen good examples in the mid-$30K's. Nice restore job but I'd go for a 108-2 or -3 with the 165hp Franklin HC instead of the 150, personally.

That aircraft is a 1946, that makes it a 108-1 they were powered by a Franklin 150 horse. Parts are an issue for this engine. but the good news is there are several companies trying to get PMA for manufacturing new.

Also there are several STC engine up grades for this aircraft. "IF" I were interested in this aircraft I would buy it thinking that I could run out the Franklin and up grade to a Lycoming 180 horse.

The 108 is a very easy tail dragger to fly. very stable in the air, hydraulic dampened landing gear, and they have a very good support group.
Pete, & Dee own a 108-1 and Larry and Pat, also own a 108-3 (they love them).

After reading the whole ad, I believe that this aircraft is worth every cent of the 50k asking price. This aircraft has a 50 year fabris system on it, baring hangar rash, it is good to go way beyond most pilots usage.

110 hours on a very dependable engine, from a very good shop, taken care of it has the same life as any engine.

This aircraft is the exception, it is better than Stinson produced, and they built some very good aircraft.

The only fault I see is it has Imron on Fabric.

But I do not reccomend this aircraft to any newbi pilot, it belong in the hands of a owner that just likes to look of the window and go enjoy them selves.

Last edited:
Back