Nice to be appreciated

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Today I bought a friend's son over to the the FBO with his dad and uncle where his dad signed him up for pp lessons as a gift for his 16th birthday. It felt great to see his face when he stepped out of the plane after his intro flight. He is a well mannered quite kid whos parents are imigrants and whom I helped get their citizenship years ago. His dream is to fly for one of the U.S. Armed services G-d Bless him. It made me feel so good to finally be able to pass the thrill of flight along to someone who did more than just talk about getting a ticket. ( Am I the only one who has friends who keep saying they want to learn to fly but never do anything about it?) I will look forward to being his pilot mentor. I also gave him a membership in AOPA as part of his birthday gift.

So your wondering about the title of the post. Well to thank me for the referral and the referal of an IR student the FBO owner left a message on my cell phone ( while I was flying of course) That he appreciated my referrals and that I would find my account at the FBO credited by $100. Yes it is nice to be appreciated.:yes:

Cool Adam. That's a great story and nice job. Most of the people I know, outside of the pilot community of course, recoil in horror at the mention of flying in a small plane.

Adam,
You really wanna feel appreciated? Send me about 10 grand...small bills...non consecutive serial numbers. By the way, I was have breakfast with some of the local good fellas this morning'. They wanted to know if I knew this "Zuckerwiseguy" from Philly who was bustin' on KACY. I told 'em you was a good guy and it was all a misunderstandin'. Better make it 15 large.......snork!

Good for you, Adam. Let us know how he progresses.

Of course you did get him off to a bad start with those funny wings that are glued on instead of proper wings which rotate ;)

Good for you. Are you going to mentor the young fella?

I expect that the FBO guy isn't the ONLY one involved in that whole business who appreciates you, Adam!

Good job!

Thanks guys. Yes I will mentor him and I'll let you all know how things progress with his training. I'm going to try to tell him to particpate in the board as well and perhpas put him in touch with Jason who is his age as well.

RotaryWingBob said:
Good for you, Adam. Let us know how he progresses.

Of course you did get him off to a bad start with those funny wings that are glued on instead of proper wings which rotate ;)

I always consider it a good rule of thumb to never let the wings of the aircraft travel faster than the cabin of the aircraft. Anything else in unnatural :D

etsisk said:
I expect that the FBO guy isn't the ONLY one involved in that whole business who appreciates you, Adam!

Good job!

He's the only guy whose wallet is gonna appreciate him though.

That's good customer service, something sorely lacking in far to much of the GA industry, but something at which MCA at Wings seems to excel.

Joe Williams said:
That's good customer service, something sorely lacking in far to much of the GA industry, but something at which MCA at Wings seems to excel.

I'm not so down on the industry. I think I get pretty decent customer service most places I go, even when I taxi a grubby stinky Ag Cat into a Jet Center. It's rare that I have any problems.

Back