Nice Ranger powered F-24

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/aircraft_...up=falsexxxxxsearchid=5381625xxxxxregionid=-1

OK boys and girls, who wants a nice ride.

F-24-H = steerable tail wheel, easy to taxi/take off/land.
Ranger 200 horse, parts are available.

Good engine and airframe times, covers are good, Dope on Ceconite, can be re-Jed every 5 years and are good for who knows how long.

Wanna turn heads? wanna be the center of attraction where ever you go?

This should sell for around $40k

Forget it. No Garmin 430/530, G1000 or MFD's.

Just kidding, that is beautiful.

Wait a minute, Tom, you can't post about another plane before finishing what you started about a previous plane. It's the law, I got it written down, it's here somewhere...

Why isn't the Skipper you posted a good buy?

Richard said:
Wait a minute, Tom, you can't post about another plane before finishing what you started about a previous plane. It's the law, I got it written down, it's here somewhere...

I really don't know, Other than the typical Beech problems I don't see any thing that would scare me. They are slow, they have a small useful load, but they are cheap, easy to fly, and much better dollar value than an old tired 150.

Richard said:

I don't recall him saying it wasn't.

Henning said:
I don't recall him saying it wasn't.

I s'pose you're right. But from his lead-in question, "Why isn't this a good deal for a two place hamburger chaser?", I got the idea he knew something we didn't and was quizzing us. That, and to demonstrate the many pitfalls waiting for the uninformed buyer.

TD,

Looks like a beauty. I hate to be a tire kicker, but I'd have to make an offer and see what the current owner wanted. Like I did....:goofy: If they come reasonably close...well, time to sell off other things and redo finances, I guess.

Last edited:
F.W. Birdman said:
A very nice plane, but too rich for me.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know about the Fairchild market specifically, but for light planes in general it's a buyers market. Make an offer. A lot of sellers have been sitting on their airplanes for far longer than they wanted to be.

Ken,

I actually did....asked if $36 to 40K was in the ballpark, and the response came back:

"Kevin,

The price is $49,900.00, but we may have a little bit of room. You can find additional info on our site at www.steelaviation.com, including additional specs and photos. Let me know if you have interest.

Mark Rogers"

I think $10K of "wiggle room" is more than they can wiggle with, and I sure don't want to waste their time.:(

Last edited:
Back