Nice Glider flight Saturday

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
I'm a little slow to post but I had a good flight on Saturday. Lift was weak and the day started late. I launched at 2 PM, ran NW and barely made it back to the airport. Like, I thought I was going to have to land within a mile or two of the field. But I got saved. whew! Then I decided to go east and see how far I could get towards Wichita. I made it about 30 miles. Another 10 or so miles and I could've landed at the Wichita Gliderport but I landed in a field so Leah picked me up on her way home from Sunflower.

I managed to score beer and food from the onlookers that saw me fly over before I landed. This is the first time that has happened and hopefully not the last!

Full write up and a lousy picture on the blog. I think Leah got some better pictures on her camera. http://cherokeesailplanes.blogspot.com

Tony,

It was neat to see you and the Bride in SSA magazine yesterday. I was paging through and I said "I think I know that feller!".

Tim

thanks Tim although i must say publicly that I did NOT nickname her "Lucky Leah". NO luck whatsoever was involved in her solo flight!

Back